Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have NPHET lost the attention of people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

almostover wrote: »
    Heard a similar story from GFs sister. Her friends is in a house share with 4 other in early 20s. One of whom is an ICU nurse. One Male housemate has his hf over for an evening of a Wednesday. Nothing wrong there but the kicker is that this lads GF is awaiting the results of a COVID test. Gets results the following day and is positive. It's not the first time I've heard from people I know of people not self isolating when either awaiting a test or when told there had close contact with a confirmed case. There has been a lot of stupid decisions by many people.

Your GF’s sisters, housemates GF needs to wake the f**k up - what an irresponsible fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

orbital83 wrote: »
    The public were duped last time into thinking this was a one off and if we all did some baking and recited we're all in this together it will be grand. So who knows. I'd hope the overwhelming majority who are acting responsibly grow a pair and stand up for their rights and mental health this time. Imposing a 5k radius without criminal proceedings is surely unconstitutional.

In terms of opening the schools being a mistake - is cancelling a year of a child's education and keeping them under effective house arrest and away from their friends not a mistake?

Nobody wants to see kids education canceled, but there are safer way to do it and we certainly didn't do that way. The board of education had 6 months to make a plan and they came up with nothing. Pods and bubbles are just buzz words that mean nothing when kids are playing with each other at lunch, mixing on school busses and playing etc. And even classroom rules are becoming more and more lax.

Another mistake the government did was not making the colleges go online this term, they protected their investments and their friends by letting students rent apartments, then colleges announced the timetables a week before the start. Now we've hundreds on college students renting with an hour of classes a week and nothing to do for the rest of their time. Pure greed by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Thousands are not dying and never have . Stop the hysteria!!
    No deaths yesterday , 10 the day before all from August and earlier !

Cases rising , deaths are NOT

The question is are thousands not dying because it was actually well managed in some ways or because it's actually nothing to worry about. I'll side with the experts tbh.

theballz wrote: »
    Your GF’s sisters, housemates GF needs to wake the f**k up - what an irresponsible fool.

You forgot the friend in the middle. GF's Sister's Friend's Housemate's GF

• Registered Users Posts: 17,446 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

It’s just until we flatten the curve.

Again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bilbot79

A few weeks of lockdown isn't that bad. We have the internet now for god's sake. People really need some lessons in remaining calm.

If a proper lockdown does happen I will look forward to the feeling of safety that comes with the low numbers gained.

That's the way people need to be think about this i.e. we gain something, we don't lose something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GarIT wrote: »
    well managed

:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

I don't mind the prospect of another lockdown BUT if it's another case of we're expected to sit home and be good while all and sundry can fly in and out of the country at will and our sketchy food companies can fly in foreign workers, meat plants continue operating the same ****ty conditions, then they can Fcuk off. I will be actively disobeying if the rules don't apply evenly to all. We're either in together or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

bilbot79 wrote: »
    A few weeks of lockdown isn't that bad. We have the internet now for god's sake. People really need some lessons in remaining calm.

If a proper lockdown does happen I will look forward to the feeling of safety that comes with the low numbers gained.

That's the way people need to be think about this i.e. we gain something, we don't lose something
    In other words I can't understand why people don't think like I do. How simple your life must be. It would be a very dull world if we did!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

As was mentioned earlier, NPHET is made up primarily of senior figures within the HSE and the DoH. To suggest that these people have had no influence or input into Ireland's sh1tshow of a health service is more than a little disingenuous. Blame successive government for under investment by all means but as far as mismanagement and insufficiency are concerned the members of NPHET can't pass the buck too far, Dr Tony has been chief medical office of Ireland for 12 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There's a huge difference between a pandemic and being unwilling to move out of a high cost of living area and expecting everyone else to pay for your accommodation there.

No, no, yesterday you wanted the old infirm and disabled out on their ear. You were quite explicit about it you used the word scum in several posts and were quite an angry human being about it.

Today you are socially aware and care for people's health in a global pandemic.

I think you need to join the dots here buddy.

listermint wrote: »
    No, no, yesterday you wanted the old infirm and disabled out on their ear. You were quite explicit about it you used the word scum in several posts and were quite an angry human being about it.

Today you are socially aware and care for people's health in a global pandemic.

I think you need to join the dots here buddy.

That's the opposite of what I said actually. That the disabled were an exception. But don't let that get in the way of the truth.

But anyway the great thing about the internet is you can have one opinion one day and another opinion the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

bilbot79 wrote: »
    People really need some lessons in remaining calm.
    I must remember that when the wife is hysterically hyperventilating on the floor tears running down her cheeks in full panic attack mode.

agoodpunt wrote: »
    i am in shock NPHET wants full lockdown OMG they will destroy more lives than covid19 can do.

Dublin city is already a waste land it economy is ruined beyond repair.

please disband this bunch of inepts immediately

What's the alternative?

That's the opposite of what I said actually. That the disabled were an exception. But don't let that get in the way of the truth.

But anyway the great thing about the internet is you can have one opinion one day and another opinion the next.

So are you saying you were marginally wrong yesterday and accept that you were a little too angry for a message board on a Sunday morning.

And perhaps maybe being a bit more socially conscious is good for the health of human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I don't mind the prospect of another lockdown BUT if it's another case of we're expected to sit home and be good while all and sundry can fly in and out of the country at will and our sketchy food companies can fly in foreign workers, meat plants continue operating the same ****ty conditions, then they can Fcuk off. I will be actively disobeying if the rules don't apply evenly to all. We're either in together or not at all.

Just tell whatever Garda is stopping you that you work in a meat factory, and they can shove their pretend powers up their holes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I have now lost confidence in NPHET. Like most people I largely obeyed all of the recommendations previously. Their only answer to everything is an acute lockdown, which they have always sought to drag out as long as possible.

Short targeted lockdowns for Initial elimination and capacity building do work, but a protracted lockdown brings so much collateral damage elsewhere.

I suspect some of the zero-Covid-plan fans Like McConkey are now strongly influencing NPHET even though that strategy hasn’t been adopted by government. Zero Covid as a strategy had merits but only if you shut the land and other borders. Instead we need to learn to live with COVID, not shut everything down indefinitely.

In other news shipment of building from the North employed by South Dublin county council all got off their non socially distanced bus around an hour ago.

And the courts open back up this morning with the most packed schedule they have ever had. 5 mins per case with no breaks between.

In other news shipment of building from the North employed by South Dublin county council all got off their non socially distanced bus around an hour ago.

And the courts open back up this morning with the most packed schedule they have ever had. 5 mins per case with no breaks between.

Ah I see,

Pandemic... If people catch it you might catch it and you might be impacted. It brings the world to your door.

Throwing people out on the street , old people and disabled people. Grand because it's not coming to my door.

Very clear now, I get it. The classic I'm alright half me feiner. Suppose that's boards for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭benneca1

In a word FUBAR

• Advertisement

So are you saying you were marginally wrong yesterday and accept that you were a little too angry for a message board on a Sunday morning.

And perhaps maybe being a bit more socially conscious is good for the health of human beings.

I certainly used stronger words than I could have but I do have a problem with the a lot of aspects of social housing.

Being more socially conscious is always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭uli84

Thousands are not dying and never have . Stop the hysteria!!
    No deaths yesterday , 10 the day before all from August and earlier !

Cases rising , deaths are NOT

Asymptomatic or mild cases you should add. A friend at work was at a wedding, someone had covid, she HAD TO test despite 0 symptoms, test came back positive, 3 weeks later she’s still healthy as if nothing happened, baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Orlando2019

Haven't we done this once already and it didn't work?
    It seems to me we're back to ground zero..
    I think that they are repeating the same mistake again,
    Lockdown again bring the economy to another halt, will it really work ? As long as the airports remain open there will always be cases imported, and especially if schools are to remain open then the virus will be passed from one household to another ,have you seen kids adhering to social distance rules, of course they're just kids you can't expect them to.
    I think the options are simple
    (A) do a lockdown until the virus is completely eradicated.
    (B) don't do one at all and fallow Swedens exaple
    All this ups and downs, open and closed lockdowns will only bury this country deeper and deeper.

Ah I see,

Pandemic... If people catch it you might catch it and you might be impacted. It brings the world to your door.

Throwing people out on the street , old people and disabled people. Grand because it's not coming to my door.

Very clear now, I get it. The classic I'm alright half me feiner. Suppose that's boards for ya.

I don't want innocent people to come to any harm. The vast majority of those in social housing personally got themselves into that situation.

Haven't we done this once already and it didn't work?
    It seems to me we're back to ground zero..
    I think that they are repeating the same mistake again,
    Lockdown again bring the economy to another halt, will it really work ? As long as the airports remain open there will always be cases imported, and especially if schools are to remain open then the virus will be passed from one household to another ,have you seen kids adhering to social distance rules, of course they're just kids you can't expect them to.
    I think the options are simple
    (A) do a lockdown until the virus is completely eradicated.
    (B) don't do one at all and fallow Swedens exaple
    All this ups and downs, open and closed lockdowns will only bury this country deeper and deeper.

The cases went from 1,000 per day to 6. It did work.

I agree with locking down until there are no cases but that requires closing the land border which a lot don't want.

For the people about to say you can't, you don't need to physically build a wall, bringing in harsh legal punishments is enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Cillian degascune is more concerned about having a hair out of place in his head than public health.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,315 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I don't want innocent people to come to any harm. The vast majority of those in social housing personally got themselves into that situation.

Into what situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

No NPHET hasn't and infact, my only surprise is its taken a week of shocking numbers for someone to wake up. Eamonn Ryan's interview yesterday just proved how out of touch he and his colleagues are, "I'm confident Dublin and Donegal will return to level 2 and the rest of the country nice and dandy', hours later Michael mc Grath says the opposite followed by NPHET" s recommendations at an unplanned and urgent meeting.

The nonsensical County restrictions a joke and not working despite the spin, Kildare and offaly as bad as ever and Saturday nights shocking scenes in Tullamore were 300 cars and their occupants decided to have a get together in the Aldi car park proves few are takining this seriously, it was outrageous behaviour.

The HSE too are absolutely terrified their abjact incompetence is coming to the fore and that Spoofer, Paul Reid has proven time and time again, he's full of crap.

It will be a brave government to go against Public health advice and as unpalatable as it may be a targeted and Full lockdown required to get this debacle under control. I just hope Leo and his cohorts will just shut up for a few weeks and stop the constant and disgraceful underming of NPHET and indeed the government he freely entered into.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Into what situation?

Poor family planning if they don't have the income to support it. Wanting to live in a place they can't afford, not being willing to commute like the working people that house themselves and/or being unemployed when we have almost 100% employment.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Into what situation?

Living ? I presume. Having a job where your on a lower amount of pay. You know the jobs that need doing. The same jobs that funnily enough are keeping the country going through covid. Front line work , factory and food work, shops.

All those people. They got themselves into that situation ergo they don't deserve a roof over their heads.

It like the pandemic has ... Brought things into perspective.

Advertisement