Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A lot of bluetooth interference in my estate

Options
  • 03-09-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Hello, I used to go for a run with my Garmin watch and bluetooth headphones and consistently get interference while in my housing estate. I put it down to the watch being low powered or perhaps the cheaper bluetooth headphones.

However today I was walking around with my new pup with my Bose 35 and OnePlus8 and I was getting the same interference. So now I'm thinking there is a massive area of interference in and around my estate.

A quick google states that bluetooth shares the same bandwidth as Wifi. Is this a common issue in estates? Is there anything that I can do to improve the quality? I haven't tried walking into a city center but I imagine it would have to be worse with more wifi around there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Unlikely to be interference in an area like this, esp with Bluetooth. Yes WiFi uses 2.4Ghz but so do 1000s of devices. The common denominator is your phone, the OnePlus8. Can you test your watch / headphones with a different device please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

So my watch plays music to my headphone (it stores spotify on it for offline usage). It has issues locally.
    So too does my phone and other headphone.

I will try another device and bluetooth headphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

City center has a lot of spots where BT is hit or miss.

Use QC35 IIs too. Its noteable how much further the range is on the laptop than the phone. Maybe 4x further. Phones presumably run their radios at minimal TX power for battery reasons.

Over time the 2.4 band will become unusable. Its far too crowded.

Advertisement