Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only 1% of cases worldwide serious or critical?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The_Brood wrote: »
    The number of people sick or needing hospital due to other sicknesses/life situations (like transport accidents) is a lot, a lot bigger.

The math has never, ever made sense to me how the world was shut down because we happened to add one more sickness to an already large list.
    It's the knock on effect on the health system. Italy was at about 6k a day at one stage, so working off the 15% for hospital cases that's 900 new admissions a day. Using 5% for ICU and that's 300 a day. HIQA in April suggested a median stay of 7-8 days in ICU so you can see what Day 6 looks like - nearly 2,000 in ICU. The answer is to reduce overall daily cases over time by shutting everything down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

They don't mention the long term effects I know some one who has had it 2 times possibly 3 but they only got tested 2 times. In America whole family's died
    https://www.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/HealthU/2020/07/29/what-are-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The_Brood wrote: »
    The number of people sick or needing hospital due to other sicknesses/life situations (like transport accidents) is a lot, a lot bigger.

The math has never, ever made sense to me how the world was shut down because we happened to add one more sickness to an already large list.

It's currently the 3rd leading cause of death in America, the first cases was reported in January. So that happened in less than 9 months through a summer.

So no it's just not "one more sickness".

Advertisement