Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private van insurance as a second vehicle

Options
  • 03-09-2020 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi! Is there any insurance company in Ireland that will give me private van insurance while keeping my own car also? Anyplace I've tried will only do commercial insurance when it's a second vehicle.

I've made countless phonecalls and getting nowhere so I'd be really grateful for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,099 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Hi! Is there any insurance company in Ireland that will give me private van insurance while keeping my own car also? Anyplace I've tried will only do commercial insurance when it's a second vehicle.

I've made countless phonecalls and getting nowhere so I'd be really grateful for any help!

I don't think there is but to save yourself work find a good independent broker and if they can't get a policy for you it's probably not out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

elperello wrote: »
    I don't think there is but to save yourself work find a good independent broker and if they can't get a policy for you it's probably not out there.

Unless it's against public policy than it's there - using the mechanisms of the Declined Cases Agreement, but it would probably be an expensive policy in that case!

Advertisement