Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 11 pro 64gb - €829 sim free

• 03-09-2020 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

iPhone 11 pro 64gb - €829 sim free at Currys - Gold / Silver / Space Grey / Green available.

€1159.80 on apple site

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Great price...cheaper than the grey market sellers on adverts!

Might be a miss price? It’s the same price as the 11 on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Thanks OP - But just a note that new iPhones are supposed to be out by next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Are people paying this sort of money for old Technology. Madness. Don't care what the Apple store price state's they're always mad anyway.

Won't even get into the size of the memory. Laughable at that price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

listermint wrote: »
    Are people paying this sort of money for old Technology. Madness. Don't care what the Apple store price state's they're always mad anyway.

Android man all my phone years thought exactly the same as you until v recently.XS MAX man now v happy,I’ve exact same apps less memory internally but honestly never went near my using even half of my old phones internal memory ( 128 gb mi note 10)
    And Apple will continue giving updates for years unlike mi etc

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

As an Android user I can not disagree more.
    Yes, iPhone 11 Pro is last year phone.
    But there's still no Android phone that comes close to the raw power of the chip inside iPhone 11 Pro. It will also continue to get updates well past the point when my phone (Galaxy Note 10+ 5G) won't be supported any more.

829EUR is a great price for that phone if someone is willing to go inside Apple ecosystem. This phone will work as long as battery in it will allow it. It's more future proof than any Android phone on the market (including Pixel phones).

If I didn't get a new phone for my wife last year, I would definitely buy iP11Pro for her with that promo.

edit: and the promo is gone, the price now is 1079EUR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

phew, mine is getting delivered today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

I’ve one reserved for pick-up.

Does anyone think prices will drop lower than this offer with the new iPhone release coming up?

I’m due a new phone but it’s still a big bit of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Can't see them being sold off lower then this even when the 12 comes out...i'd say it was a mis-price

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

I’ve one reserved for pick-up.

Does anyone think prices will drop lower than this offer with the new iPhone release coming up?

I’m due a new phone but it’s still a big bit of cash.

Price drops are hard to predict as Apple won’t do it themselves, but you most likely won’t get it cheaper that this price.

Apple will likely discontinue the iPhone 11 models when iPhone 12 comes out. The iPhone SE 2 will being their low end model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Decided to go for it. There was a lot of checking the prices at the till and discussing the pricing mistake. Supposedly one of the iPhone 11 models was to be reduced and someone reduced the iPhone 11 Pro instead. No idea if that was true or not. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

jontr wrote: »
    As an Android user I can not disagree more.
    Yes, iPhone 11 Pro is last year phone.
    But there's still no Android phone that comes close to the raw power of the chip inside iPhone 11 Pro. It will also continue to get updates well past the point when my phone (Galaxy Note 10+ 5G) won't be supported any more.

829EUR is a great price for that phone if someone is willing to go inside Apple ecosystem. This phone will work as long as battery in it will allow it. It's more future proof than any Android phone on the market (including Pixel phones).

If I didn't get a new phone for my wife last year, I would definitely buy iP11Pro for her with that promo.

edit: and the promo is gone, the price now is 1079EUR.

Horse****. The Note range have more raw power. They also have guaranteed 3 android updates from Samsung. Apple doesn't guarantee that so let's not make that up .

Apple purposefully hampers their phones to maintain a specific user experience which is their right to. But saying this phone is a workhorse is just plain incorrect. Doesn't come close to the Note for user performance.

Horse****. The Note range have more raw power. They also have guaranteed 3 android updates from Samsung. Apple doesn't guarantee that so let's not make that up .

Apple purposefully hampers their phones to maintain a specific user experience which is their right to. But saying this phone is a workhorse is just plain incorrect. Doesn't come close to the Note for user performance.

The bionic chip is more powerful than the equivalent Exynos or Snapdragon. Androids always have a tonne more RAM, which counts in their favour.

Let's face it, though. Most people are using their phones for web browsing, social media and photos. They really won't notice a difference between a mid-range phone and a phone that costs a grand.

Advertisement