Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Shortage

Options
  • 03-09-2020 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Printer in the office died today but I cannot find a printer anywhere In the country or on-line . Just looking a printer/scanner that can print A3. I’ve tried the usual places, Curry’s, H Norman, P City, Argos- any ideas where else to try ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

sinkadinka wrote: »
    Printer in the office died today but I cannot find a printer anywhere In the country or on-line . Just looking a printer/scanner that can print A3. I’ve tried the usual places, Curry’s, H Norman, P City, Argos- any ideas where else to try ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=a3+printer+scanner+ireland&sxsrf=ALeKk0164wLPXRuaOxVYW1Q_hIUrS-tTog:1599183502268&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiv-9Tkrs7rAhVD3qQKHcoQCIQQ_AUoAXoECA0QAw&biw=1309&bih=697#spd=8035483411056868849_0

This was just a quick Google for A3 printer scanner Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

sinkadinka wrote: »

https://www.huntoffice.ie/a3-printers.html

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

If you want HP, look no further than HPshop.ie
    Plenty of options.

I don't think the OP asked about wipes? Also if you do your maths the wipes cost 8 cent each which is a bit pricey but they have cheaper options.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Gave you tried Amazon UK or european sites
    Or ebay uk

con747 wrote: »
    I don't think the OP asked about wipes? Also if you do your maths the wipes cost 8 cent each which is a bit pricey but they have cheaper options.

That is incredibly expensive for wipes. You can get a 50 pack of wipes for a euro or two in most places, that is a >500% markup they are selling them for and they have an even worse markup on the majority of their other COVID-related items, e.g. these compared to these.

Their printers also aren't the best value for money and the first few I checked are both in stock and significantly cheaper elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

JoyPad wrote: »
    If you want HP, look no further than HPshop.ie
    Plenty of options.
    Hp charges an arm and leg for ink if you use other ink the send driver update that stops your printer printing

That is incredibly expensive for wipes. You can get a 50 pack of wipes for a euro or two in most places, that is a >500% markup they are selling them for and they have an even worse markup on the majority of their other COVID-related items, e.g. these compared to these.

Their printers also aren't the best value for money and the first few I checked are both in stock and significantly cheaper elsewhere.

Well then, why don't you let the OP who was looking for a printer know where? I do believe that was the point of the post? Rant on:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can get a pack of alcohol wipes for a Euro?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You can get a pack of alcohol wipes for a Euro?

From a quick check, here is a pack of 100 for less than six euro, and they were less than two euro in the summer according to camel camel camel. I'm sure you can find ones for similar prices now elsewhere if you looked.

Well then, why don't you let the OP who was looking for a printer know where? I do believe that was the point of the post? Rant on:rolleyes:

No need, the first reply already lists them all, including the ones that are in your link but cheaper.

From a quick check, here is a pack of 100 for less than six euro, and they were less than two euro in the summer according to camel camel camel. I'm sure you can find ones for similar prices now elsewhere if you looked.

The wipes you list cost £5.05 or €5.67 without postage costs and the ones you posted are 30mm x 60mm in size. The ones you say are a rip off cost €8.00 for the same amount and are 150mm x 200mm. I know which ones I would buy. The masks you linked to are from a seller on Ebay who most likely sends them from a Chinese factory with dubious CE certification so good luck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Op, have you looked on 123ink.ie?

The wipes you list cost £5.05 or €5.67 without postage costs and the ones you posted are 30mm x 60mm in size. The ones you say are a rip off cost €8.00 for the same amount and are 150mm x 200mm. I know which ones I would buy. The masks you linked to are from a seller on Ebay who most likely sends them from a Chinese factory with dubious CE certification so good luck with them.

I'm surprised you are defending that website so much, do you work for them or something? Have you looked at the prices they are selling their other COVID-related products for? Have you checked how much 100 pack of masks are elsewhere? Are you honestly suggesting they are not ripping people off, or are you just defending them because you don't want to lose some pride for recommending an awful website?

In what way is selling 120 handwipes for 35 euro not taking advantage of people?
    https://www.huntoffice.ie/sani-hands-anti-bacterial-wipes-rs20210x03.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Wipe Dimensions: 150mm x 200mm... That's massive.

Aristotle, time for bed i think.

antix80 wrote: »
    Wipe Dimensions: 150mm x 200mm... That's massive.

Aristotle, time for bed i think.

I literally posted the first wipes I found. If you don't think you can find such wipes for much cheaper prices then you are exactly their target market.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Op,
    123ink.ie are good. They are based in Finglas. I use them all the time.
    The epson workforce printers do go up to a3 and are reliable. The ink is reasonable and the ink cartridges hold more ink than the likes of Hp. The same as brother printers. I think 123ink.ie have a few printers in stock. Worth a try.

I literally posted the first wipes I found. If you don't think you can find such wipes for much cheaper prices then you are exactly their target market.

I doubt you'll find a comparable product for cheaper.

I'm surprised you are defending that website so much, do you work for them or something? Have you looked at the prices they are selling their other COVID-related products for? Have you checked how much 100 pack of masks are elsewhere? Are you honestly suggesting they are not ripping people off, or are you just defending them because you don't want to lose some pride for recommending an awful website?

In what way is selling 120 handwipes for 35 euro not taking advantage of people?
    https://www.huntoffice.ie/sani-hands-anti-bacterial-wipes-rs20210x03.html

They are an office supply company as far as I know, I have no idea who they are. I was giving the OP an answer to a question asked, not getting into your grievance about something so I will let the thread go back to the initial question. Goodbye:)

• Advertisement

They are an office supply company as far as I know, I have no idea who they are. I was giving the OP an answer to a question asked, not getting into your grievance about something so I will let the thread go back to the initial question. Goodbye:)

No problem, I'll take that as meaning that you can't answer my last question. Good luck to you.

do some research and find what printers you are looking at have 3rd-party cartridges available for them before buying the printer

e.g. check amazon, the printer supply sites etc

how does a thread about printers get derailed after a few posts by some eejit going on about antiseptic wipes ffs?

here's a mad idea give the OP a printer suggestion instead.

I doubt you'll find a comparable product for cheaper.

I mean, after 30 seconds of googling I found ones that are even bigger but 500% cheaper (albeit temporarily out of stock).
    https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/kitchen-aids/surface-cleaners/clinell-alcohol-wipes-large

Like I said, you are their target market.

glasso wrote: »
    do some research and find what printers you are looking at have 3rd-party cartridges available for them before buying the printer

e.g. check amazon, the printer supply sites etc

how does a thread about printers get derailed after a few posts by some eejit going on about antiseptic wipes ffs?

here's a mad idea give the OP a printer suggestion instead.

I see Mr. does not like people being argumentative has decided to be argumentative again.

Everything OP is looking for is in the first reply. Why even both replying if you have nothing more to add?

I mean, after 30 seconds of googling I found ones that are even bigger but 500% cheaper (albeit temporarily out of stock).

Your intelligence is really taking a battering tonight... Want to unfollow the thread and pretend you won?

Your intelligence is really taking a battering tonight... Want to unfollow the thread and pretend you won?

Are you suggesting that because the wipes I found in 30 seconds of searching are temporarily out of stock, that the ones listed that are 500% more expensive should not be considered a form of price gouging?

Are you suggesting that because the wipes I found in 30 seconds of searching are temporarily out of stock, that the ones listed that are 500% more expensive should not be considered a form of price gouging?

Start your own thread.

Anyway, you found nothing. Out of stock means there's nothing to buy

You might as well link the op to out of stock printers. It would be just as unhelpful but at least on topic

I see Mr. does not like people being argumentative has decided to be argumentative again.

Everything OP is looking for is in the first reply. Why even both replying if you have nothing more to add?

no just a typically useless, unrelated, unhelpful and completely tangential input on a thread from you as usual....

glasso wrote: »
    no just a typically useless, unrelated, unhelpful and completely tangential input on a thread from you as usual....

A website with inflated prices was mentioned. I stated that the website should be avoided as they have ripoff prices and also highlighted that their printers were also not cheap compared to the first reply.

In what way was your "sure look on Amazon" reply more constructive and useful?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mod: Folks please stick to the topic at hand, this thread is about printers. Not a debate about alcohol wipes pricing

Advertisement