Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit - A/c Switch Within BoI

Options
  • 04-09-2020 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi

I presently have 2 current a/cs with BoI - a/c "A" in my name, a/c "B" is a joint a/c with my wife. All of our direct debits (Sky, Eir, Energia, BoI credit card) are presently against a/c A.

In advance of the upcoming fee changes, I am planning to close a/c A and retain just the B joint a/c. Obviously, I need to move the direct debits internally within BoI from A to B.

Can you please advise the quickest/easiest way to achieve this?

(I also asked this question via the 365 online "service centre", Q. ref A9040113125255, on 28/8. As of this morning, I'm still awaiting a reply).

Thanks
    PM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

pm9999 wrote: »
    Hi

I presently have 2 current a/cs with BoI - a/c "A" in my name, a/c "B" is a joint a/c with my wife. All of our direct debits (Sky, Eir, Energia, BoI credit card) are presently against a/c A.

In advance of the upcoming fee changes, I am planning to close a/c A and retain just the B joint a/c. Obviously, I need to move the direct debits internally within BoI from A to B.

Can you please advise the quickest/easiest way to achieve this?

(I also asked this question via the 365 online "service centre", Q. ref A9040113125255, on 28/8. As of this morning, I'm still awaiting a reply).

Thanks
    PM
    Hi PM, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

As Direct Debits would be considered to be between yourself and the merchant, it would be necessary to update your account details with the merchants themselves. 

Once they have the up to date information, the Direct Debits should leave the joint account as normal. 

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement