Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer time to English bank- worried I am being scammed

Options
  • 04-09-2020 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m expecting a payment from one of your customers however i’m not sure if i am being scammed. I am with natwest and he is with BOI. He sent the money yesterday (12:50pm) but as I am in England and he is in Ireland it wont come across immediately. He said he sent it urgently so it should come today. I was wondering how long it normally takes to come over as it has been over 24hours now and as it is a large sum of money I am worried. He sent over a supposable confirmation saying it will arrive on the 4/09/20 however I am unsure whether he has cancelled the transaction or not. When should I be worried or what time do transactions normally come over? Thank you

Comments

It's after business hours for them so you won't get an answer till Monday, even then the answer would be generic up to three days.
    https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/international-payments/support/time-frames/#faq-panel-35913

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

EMetcalfe_ wrote: »
    I’m expecting a payment from one of your customers however i’m not sure if i am being scammed. I am with natwest and he is with BOI. He sent the money yesterday (12:50pm) but as I am in England and he is in Ireland it wont come across immediately. He said he sent it urgently so it should come today. I was wondering how long it normally takes to come over as it has been over 24hours now and as it is a large sum of money I am worried. He sent over a supposable confirmation saying it will arrive on the 4/09/20 however I am unsure whether he has cancelled the transaction or not. When should I be worried or what time do transactions normally come over? Thank you

Up to 5 full business days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

EMetcalfe_ wrote: »
    I’m expecting a payment from one of your customers however i’m not sure if i am being scammed. I am with natwest and he is with BOI. He sent the money yesterday (12:50pm)  but as I am in England and he is in Ireland it wont come across immediately. He said he sent it urgently so it should come today. I was wondering how long it normally takes to come over as it has been over 24hours now and as it is a large sum of money I am worried. He sent over a supposable confirmation  saying it will arrive on the 4/09/20  however I am unsure whether he has cancelled the transaction or not. When should I be worried or what time do transactions normally come over? Thank you
    Hi There, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

This would depend on how the transfer was made. If they sent the funds as a SEPA transfer you should receive the payment before the end of the working day today.

If they made an international transfer to your account, it will take 3-5 working days for the transfer to take place.

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement