Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer time to English bank- worried I am being scammed

Options
  • 04-09-2020 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m expecting a payment from one of your customers however i’m not sure if i am being scammed. I am with natwest and he is with BOI. He sent the money yesterday (12:50pm) but as I am in England and he is in Ireland it wont come across immediately. He said he sent it urgently so it should come today. I was wondering how long it normally takes to come over as it has been over 24hours now and as it is a large sum of money I am worried. He sent over a supposable confirmation saying it will arrive on the 4/09/20 however I am unsure whether he has cancelled the transaction or not. When should I be worried or what time do transactions normally come over? Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Don't think you will get a response tonight.

We're online:
    Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
    Saturday 8am till 1pm

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was buying a car recently, and bank transfers take time I'm afraid. Can be 1 to 2 business days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

MarkR wrote: »
    I was buying a car recently, and bank transfers take time I'm afraid. Can be 1 to 2 business days.
    Meanwhile, I'm using this UK online bank, sent money on Thursday evening and it arrived Friday morning in my father-in-law's bank account elsewhere in Europe. But don't expect BoI to be able to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

EMetcalfe_ wrote: »
    I’m expecting a payment from one of your customers however i’m not sure if i am being scammed. I am with natwest and he is with BOI. He sent the money yesterday (12:50pm)  but as I am in England and he is in Ireland it wont come across immediately. He said he sent it urgently so it should come today. I was wondering how long it normally takes to come over as it has been over 24hours now and as it is a large sum of money I am worried. He sent over a supposable confirmation  saying it will arrive on the 4/09/20  however I am unsure whether he has cancelled the transaction or not. When should I be worried or what time do transactions normally come over? Thank you
    Good morning EMetcalfe_.

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

As this would be an International Transfer, the funds can take up to 3 working days to reach your account. Your bank might also have some clearing times on their side. 

Our customer can provide a proof of payment to you if the funds are not received. Your bank will then have the facility to trace this payment. 

I hope this information helps. 

Have a lovely day!

Many thanks, 
    Megan

Advertisement