Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mural of Joe Biden unveiled in Ballina

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Typical Irish lick arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A thread for, the Irish Right to be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,268 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Doonbeg seems happy enough to take that mantle

They're happy to take the money anyhow. If there was a Trump Hotel anywhere else in the country, they'd take it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Doonbeg seems happy enough to take that mantle

They are profiting on him, he’s bringing jobs, money and tourists to the area. They were never trying to claim him before that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thats just blinkered bull****, all the polls show him with a comfortable lead and even the polls in some swing states, now he may not win but to say at this stage that he has no chanced flies in the face of all logic. And sorry but what exactly is your objection to this and why is it 'contemptible'? Personally i think its crass but hey

It was the same with President Hillary last time around she couldn't be beaten, even on election night, then look what happened. Bernie Sanders would have won against him back then.

The economy was flying up until Covid, the stock market at the moment is at record figures, Trump is not involved in drone strikes every 2nd day like his predecessor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭con747

NIMAN wrote: »
    Whatever, you may not have said it, but you implied it.

Thank you for telling me what I meant to say:rolleyes:

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

biko wrote: »
    Title fixed, Jeo -> Joe

Hold on a second?? Is that the US Democrat candidate??
    In Ballina??

I'm outraged ?!?!!?!??!??!???

1st Cromwell, then the West doesn't get a Minister, then they do and don't again, and now this?!?!

I'm outraged on behalf of Mayo people and I publicly declare no attempts at cultural appropriation.

Next thing, they'll put Mary Robinson up alongside him.

Water John wrote: »
    A thread for, the Irish Right to be offended.

I'm offended by your inappropriate use of a comma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I would find it hilarious is some woke moron individual graffiti tagged it with #BLM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

It’s very strange considering the election is ongoing & Biden may or may not get elected...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Carol25 wrote:
    It’s very strange considering the election is ongoing & Biden may or may not get elected...

More genuine in that case. No?

More genuine in that case. No?

He is an inspirational figure I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Don't know about trump, but VP Mike Pence's grandparents came from Clare and Sligo

We could curry his favour by banishing the gays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

kowloon wrote: »
    We could curry his favour by banishing the gays.

To ballina presumably?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 marcusgunn

Bootlicking Irish at their cringworthy worst

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

jackboy wrote: »
    The only issue with the mural is it looks crap. What did they do with his teeth?

He didn't have them in when he posed for it perhaps?

marcusgunn wrote: »
    Bootlicking Irish at their cringworthy worst

Goodness, we aren't that insecure. It really works both ways. Almost all well known people like to have contact with their roots.

Goodness, we aren't that insecure. It really works both ways. Almost all well known people like to have contact with their roots.

Actually, in this case it's working the other way around. It's Ballina having 'contact' with is diaspora, is you could call a great great great grandchild diaspora.

That's 3rd cousins, not sure how far out was Henry Healy from Barack Obama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Especially when they represent a significant vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Joe O’Biden

PARlance wrote: »

Fully accept it's often a trade.

Yeah great point. I didn't even think of that, I was just coming at it from the angle of fawning over Americans and taking a side in an election in a foreign land.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,193 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yeah great point. I didn't even think of that, I was just coming at it from the angle of fawning over Americans and taking a side in an election in a foreign land.

Yeah you can be sure Biden was working an angle 3-4 years ago... if he had an urge to reconnect with Mayo, he could have (also) done it without the world watching.

Yeah you can be sure Biden was working an angle 3-4 years ago... if he had an urge to reconnect with Mayo, he could have (also) done it without the world watching.

Do you know what Biden said at a rally a few months ago I saw. I may be be taking him out of context as I only seen a snippet of this, but he said ... "I may be Irish but I'm not stupid" :eek:

edit: found a link to that
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/joe-biden-reportedly-tells-audience-may-irish-im-not-stupid-175064

Pretty dumb thing to say if you ask me aside from what he was inferring.

Well he didn't call us losers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

AllForIt wrote: »
    Hopefully because he's got noting better to do.

I'm sorry but if the excuse for this is because of his historical family lineage connection to Mayo it's still beyond contemptible, given he's an active candidate for the presidency.
    Carol25 wrote: »

This is a fairly weird take. Why does an upcoming US election make it contemptible or strange. Its not a bloody ongoing Irish court case that could be influenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Joe Biden.

Joe Biden once called state-mandated school integration “the most racist concept you can come up with,”

Called Barack Obama “the first sort of mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean.”

He was a staunch opponent of “forced busing” in the 1970s, and leading crusader for mass incarceration throughout the ‘80s and ‘90s.

Uncle Joe has described African-American felons as “predators” too sociopathic to rehabilitate — and white supremacist senators as his friends.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/03/joe-biden-record-on-busing-incarceration-racial-justice-democratic-primary-2020-explained.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Biden looks like he's having a stroke in that picture of the mural.

Advertisement