Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mural of Joe Biden unveiled in Ballina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Biden has no chance whatsover of winning.

Ah now. It will be close. It will be very close. The incumbent usually has an advantage and Trump will probably squeak it but to say Biden has no chance is daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,429 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Biden looks like he's having a stroke in that picture of the mural.

Must have been commissioned by the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This is a fairly weird take. Why does an upcoming US election make it contemptible or strange. Its not a bloody ongoing Irish court case that could be influenced.

You only have to look a PARlance's point a few posts back to see one good reason for this 'weird take'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

PARlance wrote: »
    Especially when they represent a significant vote.

Biden is just following in the footsteps of JFK, Ronald Reagan & Obama. Identify an Irish connection no matter how far back and combine a few public appearances into your trip to Ireland.

His trip here as VP was the beginning of his tilt at the White House. Its all in the name of winning the Irish American vote and nothing more. It will all be in vain as I think Trump's team will have been planning on rigging this election for a long time. I could see this vote featuring all the hallmarks of a Russian, Ukrainian, Belarussian type result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

con747 wrote: »
    If that pans out then god help us.

There will be a stock crash the second week of November. The US has been over leveraged since before Nixon decoupled the Gold standard from the Dollar. I am amazed it has gone on this long since I found out about it.

Its going to be one almighty crash and Trump is going to be blamed for a load of bad historical judgements that preceded his office.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

There will be a stock crash the second week of November. The US has been over leveraged since before Nixon decoupled the Gold standard from the Dollar. I am amazed it has gone on this long since I found out about it.

Its going to be one almighty crash and Trump is going to be blamed for a load of bad historical judgements that preceded his office.

You could put Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking in charge over there and still won't save the place. Yuri Bezemenov was right in what he said 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Jaysus, there hasn't been this much activity on the Mayo forum in ages :D

The mural itself is okay but the group the Ballina Community Cleanup group are doing some brilliant work around the town painting and tidying up run-down parts of the town so fair play to them

You could put Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking in charge over there and still won't save the place. Yuri Bezemenov was right in what he said 30 years ago.

Trump has changed the political face of the United states for the next 40 years. The Democrats were over confident at a Hillary win, they didnt bother to appoint over 100 judges. Then Trump got in and appointed all of them and will again in the next term.
    While the Democrats should have been getting their act together to get an electable candidate in, they were blaming Russians, White supremacists and male toxicity. Democrats were also infighting.

Now they have an incompetent candidate that Trump is dying to debate. When they should have been building up one of the Kennedys. But they are all unelectable messes.

Good to see Mayo getting a boost here.

BTW a young Kennedy even failed to win the Dem nomination in Mass.

Water John wrote: »
    Good to see Mayo getting a boost here.

BTW a young Kennedy even failed to win the Dem nomination in Mass.

If you could bury half the stuff the Clintons did, then you could get a washed up Kennedy to the White House in one fell swoop against Jeb Bush.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

AllForIt wrote: »
    You only have to look a PARlance's point a few posts back to see one good reason for this 'weird take'.

Yeah that mural should really swing it for Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

If you could bury half the stuff the Clintons did, then you could get a washed up Kennedy to the White House in one fell swoop against Jeb Bush.

What's Jeb Bush got to do with young Kennedy failing to get Dem nomination in Mass last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

southstar wrote: »
    Yeah that mural should really swing it for Joe

He'll take all the help he can get, even a mural in a grotty looking car park in a rainswept Irish town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Slow news day on boards

I took an exceptionally big dump earlier if ye wanna chat about that?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Slow news day on boards

I took an exceptionally big dump earlier if ye wanna chat about that?

Did you do that in the Ballina car park, tut, tut?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Did you do that in the Ballina car park, tut, tut?

No but I can smear it on a wall in ballina if that would help, fish it out of the septic tank and draw a big smiley face

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

con747 wrote: »
    Aul Joe has links to Mayo so I see no problem, https://www.rte.ie/news/connacht/2020/0904/1163269-biden-mural/
    Better than the other feckin oompa loompa nut job.

Obama?

Saw the start of the docu of Biden on CNN last night. Both being Irish and catholic were signalled as his family's two defining points. So his Irishness is important to him.

It's kind of funny how they went from removing god from whatever during the convention to his Catholicism is a big thing..He was quoting Pope John Paul the second the other day too.. I'd say they've realised they f*cked up letting the military wing burn the place down over the summer..

I'll have to get a translator for that, as I haven't the foggiest notion what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

NIMAN wrote: »
    Has your life been dramatically affected by Trump?

Mine has. My pension fund has tripled in value!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: Keep it to civilized discussion about the mural please. Not a discussion on the US elections.
    If you want that go the appropriate forum or AHs for ranting posts.
    Cheers