Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Training sheepdogs.

• 05-09-2020 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I have 2 pups that were born last march, and I have 2 questions regarding training them.
    Would it be too late to start training them from next May/June when they are 14 months old?...I was planning on starting them with sheep when they were 7 or 8 months but it's a bad time of year here as they will be worrying in-lamb ewes as well as ground getting wet so they wont be long ruining the ground around my circular pen.
    One of the pups is mad for sheep and I cannot control him once he sees sheep, but the other pup is slightly afraid of them. He'll run after them in the field alright but when I'm in the yard working with sheep, he tends to stay outside the gate or hide behind me. Am I wasting my time with this pup or will he come around?
    Any advice appreciated.

Advertisement