Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 11 v 12

Options
  • 05-09-2020 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Looking for some advice here. Am due an "upgrade" from Vodafone and I can get the iPhone 11 Pro for €249. Am a long time Android user but looking for a change of scene!

Any ideas what price VF would be charging for the new 12 when it arrives? I know there are a good few models expected so wouldn't be looking at the bottom of the range one anyway.

€249 seems like a decent price...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The prices stay the same. The new model replaces the older model and the prices of the older model decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Tabby McTat

GarIT wrote: »
    The prices stay the same. The new model replaces the older model and the prices of the older model decrease.

Cool. Thanks. And the old model generally stays on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yes at a lower price though. Question we don’t know is how much lower.

I’m in the same boat as you, being quoted €350 to upgrade to an Iphone 11

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’m due an upgrade in January next year and I’ve an iPhone 7 and it’s fine but I’m already looking at what iphones Vodafone have on offer. I’ll be getting an iPhone XR at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

GarIT wrote: »

I'm not sure that's right. It's plan dependent and the phones usually have a certain amount knocked off (that you pay off via your monthly bill). For instance on the 80 euro a month plan the 64GB XS Max was 699 on release (I was doing my pre-upgrade homework), however after 6 months or so it was down to 499 (I got it at that point due to an upgrade).

At this stage, you should definitely wait for the 12. The remaining 11 stock will dropped to bottom prices - or you could get a second hand one from someone upgrading to the 12, if you're not pushed on the difference between devices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement