Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchased 2nd hand phone - having issues

Options
  • 05-09-2020 12:00pm

Hi all,

Before I return to the shop for a second time with same issue I’d like to get your advice.

On 25th August I purchased a reconditioned iPhone 7. I was given a 6 month warranty and the only exclusions on my invoice say water damage and smash.

I started having issues with the home button just before last weekend. It would accept my fingerprint but when it tells you to “press home button to open” nothing would happen. If I wanted to open phone I would have to lock it and then swipe left to show screen with my last used apps. I’d click one, my fingerprint would be taken and the app would open. But i still couldn’t use the home button to come out of that app and onto the main screen. This means I could only use whatever 6 apps I had last used.

It worked again correctly over that weekend but broke again earlier this week. I brought it back to the shop and after asking me had I dropped it (I haven’t) he opened it up and adjusted the button. All worked perfectly again. He told me that should it happen again he would have to replace it with a button that would not recognise fingerprint.

It’s stopped working again. I tried to use Siri to open an app too by saying “hey Siri” but nothing happens there either.

I’m going to bring phone back but I’m not really happy about losing fingerprint facility as I have paid for an iphone7. An iPhone without fingerprint would have been much cheaper. Am I within my rights to ask for a replacement?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Yes, if you buy used goods from a business as opposed to a private seller you have pretty much exactly the same rights as buying new.
    Consumer Council information HERE

Yes, if you buy used goods from a business as opposed to a private seller you have pretty much exactly the same rights as buying new.
    Consumer Council information HERE

Thanks DM. I’ll head on in now :)

Advertisement