Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTRB

Options
  • 05-09-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Query answered, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that applies to my situation. There's no dispute and I (the tenant) have never had any issue with the apartment facilities etc.

I'm trying to find out if the local authority / RTB normally give a landlord an unprompted phone call out of nowhere telling him they want to do a random inspection on his property and they want to do it in 2 days.

There doesn’t need to be a dispute, they randomly check that rental properties registered in their area meet minimum standards. The LA contact the owner, not the tenant to arrange inspection by letter, then they arrange a suitable time, presumably by phone.

If you are there, just ask them for ID, a property of mine was inspected one and they showed me their credentials before the inspection commenced.

Is there a reason to be suspicious? The LL has asked permission from you for visits in the past.

Advertisement