Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disintegration of the free state nation

Options
  • 05-09-2020 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

sorry to bother yis all, just wondering what ye think about the rampant totalitarianism seeping in amongst us like a carrier disease. it seems every country is being melted into some sort of samey samey soup shame. i personally dont think all these imported politics and ideals are suitable to the island of Ireland but what do i know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

1990sman wrote: »
    sorry to bother yis all, just wondering what ye think about the rampant totalitarianism seeping in amongst us like a carrier disease. it seems every country is being melted into some sort of samey samey soup shame. i personally dont think all these imported politics and ideals are suitable to the island of Ireland but what do i know.

Can you give an example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

great another white nationalist thread, that's all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

great another white nationalist thread, that's all we need.

you are the first person to mention colour. congratulations on your progammed instigation. mr trigger.

did it ever occur to you that people are awesome, every country and culture, rich and wealthy in their own historical culture, have more to offer, and more to identify with for their younger generations, than some neutered homogenized multi-same-state.

have u not travelled? or are u just an arse, isnt it better for a people to preserve and reserve their own way and everyone can appreciate each others difference?

ur a race-batin bot and a shame shill, gfy x

• Registered Users Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How does something 'rampant' seep in?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Totalitarianism? In Ireland?
    Really?

I'd be very interested in looking at examples, if you'd care to share?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Notmything

What totalitarian aspects have "seeped" into Ireland?

tigger123 wrote: »
    Can you give an example?
    the weird new way of dealing with people is dictated by a conglomerate from outside our jurisdiction?

the weird new way of dealing with people is dictated by a conglomerate from outside our jurisdiction?

Can you explain what this means?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Notmything wrote: »

Twitter

i can address u all by simply stating communist ideals have been popularised by trendys and its so cool to not care meanwhile our grandchildren will suffer, so it all 'mehyeaprogress' meanwhile the very thing that brought us here today and allowed us to complain is being eroded under our very feet.

• Advertisement

i can of course, no bothers at all

This is quite nice as a word salad but, it's meaningless without examples.

the disassembly begins...

you are the first person to mention colour. congratulations on your progammed instigation. mr trigger.

did it ever occur to you that people are awesome, every country and culture, rich and wealthy in their own historical culture, have more to offer, and more to identify with for their younger generations, than some neutered homogenized multi-same-state.

have u not travelled? or are u just an arse, isnt it better for a people to preserve and reserve their own way and everyone can appreciate each others difference?

ur a race-batin bot and a shame shill, gfy x

I have done plenty of travel, some of my favourite cities are multicultural. Maybe you should stop fantasising about ethnostates.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

:confused:

the disassembly begins...

Ah, you bought something from IKEA and you put it together wrong. Now I get what you mean by outside influences

Or are you talking about how your posts are worded?

can anyone honestly state they have a say in their own or their childrens future right now?

sorry dudes im not tryin to be harsh im on this fas course in philosophy and we are supposed to think about things for homework

so like when u think about things objectively and outside of our own natural prerogatives, it gets interesting and alien and cold

Confused would we!

can anyone honestly state they have a say in their own or their childrens future right now?

sorry dudes im not tryin to be harsh im on this fas course in philosophy and we are supposed to think about things for homework

so like when u think about things objectively and outside of our own natural prerogatives, it gets interesting and alien and cold

This is very vague, what say on future do you want?

I think I see the problem!

• Advertisement

But Fás doesn't exist!
    Ergo, you don't exist and this is an experiment in planted thought and mind control!

Exercised from the disembodied nexus of an imagined existential threat...
    A threat that you have failed to articulate or provide examples of...

J'accuse!

You!

You are the threat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Oh god, not another tedious culture war thread.
    communists blah blah woke blah blah leftists blah blah.
    Same old same old ad tedium

banie01 wrote: »
    But Fás doesn't exist!
    Ergo, you don't exist and this is an experiment in planted thought and mind control!

Exercised from the disembodied nexus of an imagined existential threat...
    A threat that you have failed to articulate or provide examples of...

J'accuse!

You!

You are the threat!!!

nay. oh no sir i must disagree

jaysus lads, im not on about war or anything, just trying to discuss the changes in nation states around the world, including our own which i happen to be in so cant help but notice more closely.

y'all need to calm down, yer bein too loud :D

dont be the frog thats slowly boiled to death and never suspects

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

What totalitarian aspects have "seeped" into Ireland?

Sinn Fein maybe, but they're not in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I'll put €20 on 'Cultural Marxism'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

sorry to bother yis all, just wondering what ye think about the rampant totalitarianism seeping in amongst us like a carrier disease.
    How can it be both 'rampant' and 'seeping' at the same time?

dont be the frog thats slowly boiled to death and never suspects

In fairness that crazy frog ad drove me nuts so he deserved it!

Seriously though I think you need to express yourself a little better as your point is getting lost in the rhetoric you seem to be quoting!

• Advertisement

It seems to be all the rage these days to talk about totalitarianism without any real conception of what it's like to actually live in one.

OP you really should try living in a totalitarian state before trying to suggest that Ireland or European countries are even remotely close to being such. Trust me (as someone who has lived in China, and Russia), Ireland isn't even close to being totalitarian.

Advertisement