Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronan Glynn on the Late Late Show

Options
2»

Comments

Depressing late late show other than the girls getting rescued. The rest was about as entertaining as I would imagine as listening to the 9 o'clock news. Welcome to the new normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭moonage

NIMAN wrote: »
    Those are the sort of people who say we didn't land on the moon or that Bill Gates is trying to kill us all, so I wouldn't pay much attention to them.

Nobody believes Bill Gates is trying to kill us all—though he does want significant depopulation.

I was a bit sceptical about the moon landings until I saw the utter joy, enthusiasm and unbounded delight of the Apollo 11 astonauts at their press conference:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

faceman wrote: »

Also the term 'wet pubs' is so patronising. :pac:

Comes from the term "wet nurse" who would breast feed your baby. Much like how Irish publicans breast feed the alcoholics of ireland. They need to be weaned badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Wet pub.......I was in one last night......in my wet dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Wet Pub? I hate it

Nearly everyone does! Wonder who in the media started using it? :rolleyes:

Guess the term conjures up different images for everybody.....for me, 'wet pub' is literally one which is flooded with water after the nearby river has burst its banks! Very messy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I thought Ronan Glynn was solid on the Late Late. He did get landed in it so he's probably had to do a lot of learning as he went along.

He was as I expected him to be. Serious and honest. His brief is to protect public health which he does by monitoring the situation and advising on what he thinks are the appropriate measures. Its up to the government to decide the extent of implementing those measures. Its not his job to worry about the social and economic impact of such measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Who were the two millionaires??? Tubs and????

You'd be a long time getting rich in the HSE.

And Dr Glynn does not work for the HSE either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

When I hear wet pub, I think of the pub being aroused.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭moonage

Wet pubs makes me think of wet pubes.

What about calling them non-dry pubs?

Advertisement