Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for speaking the truth

Options
  • 05-09-2020 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Quin_dub has permanently banned me from the politics forum. He is a moderator and posts regularly in the forum attacking Trump. He disliked a post I made and so decided to ban me. This is in violation of free speech and what boards.ie stands for. Please remove the ban and have a word with Quin_dub. Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Firstly this is a private site. No-one has any rights to free speech on this site

Secondly have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM? If so please be prepared to share your PM conversation with the CMod dealing with this appeal. If not please do so as this appeal cannot proceed here until that avenue has been exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Beasty wrote: »
    Firstly this is a private site. No-one has any rights to free speech on this site

Secondly have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM? If so please be prepared to share your PM conversation with the CMod dealing with this appeal. If not please do so as this appeal cannot proceed here until that avenue has been exhausted

How can I resolve directly with the mod when it was him that imposed the ban?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

How can I resolve directly with the mod when it was him that imposed the ban?
    That's the procedure. It's set out at the head of the forum and in the sticky. The first step is to try and resolve it directly with the mod. The appeal does not proceed until that avenue is exhausted

Such a discussion is an opportunity to better understand why you were sanctioned. You may be able to convince the mod that no sanction is appropriate, or you may be able to agree to a reduced sanction. Alternatively you may decide not to contest the sanction further

Only a small proportion ever reach the stage of a formal appeal, and many are resolved directly behind the scenes

Advertisement