Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest date to seed grass

Options
  • 05-09-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know there are multiple variables at play here - weather in particular - but any sense of how late one can seed grass. I'm in the south of the country and likely to go with the number one mix as it is the front lawn - so no rye grass.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I've done it in november successfully in Waterford. Blood stuff won't stop growing!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

I've done it in november successfully in Waterford. Blood stuff won't stop growing!

Lol. Thanks! It's my second go this year. The sowing I did in May has become infested with the wrong grass. Think it was because I did a full till to aerate the soil and I guess j brought up loads of dormant stuff which took off. Fingers crossed for the second attempt!

Advertisement