Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurys Inn - Parnell Street

Options
  • 05-09-2020 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

We are going to a kid's show in Olympia in Jan and I'm looking for a hotel, 2 adults and 2 chn.
    Jurys Parnell Street is 80eur for the night. What's the catch? Not an area I'd be familiar with. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

heldel00 wrote: »
    What's the catch?

We're in the midst of a pandemic that has crippled the tourism industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I had thought that but drastically less than other hotels in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Book it, but with free cancellation. There is no guarantee that the Olympia gig will happen either.

Luas close by, handy enough, but the area can be a bit ropey at night. Not that that will bother you with kids in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its a big hotel and there's no tourists; and even less so in January. I'd recommend booking a fully cancellable rate.

Food is pretty good, I have actually stayed there but fecked if I can remember it - was during the recession and I could get a room online for less than a taxi home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

No we'll be in the hotel from evening time because of the children so area won't worry us.
    I'll book it and avail of the free cancellation as you say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

booking dot com its only 60

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Have stayed there a few times.... it's grand. Yeah the area isn't fantastic but not terrible either. I wouldn't be going out for a leisurely stroll all the same.

Food isn't bad but the bar service is absolutely shocking imo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jurys Christchurch would be a great location for the olympia. Check out the price there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

My parents stayed in Jurys Parnell St. last year. The rooms are lovely and way superior to the Jurys Inn in Christchurch which is so dated. Luas line on your doorstep that will bring you to Trinity if you don't fancy walking to Olympia.

Advertisement