Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 9 (Pau - Laruns, 153 km)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Some ride from Hirchi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Bernal in yellow or Rog?

Edit yep Rog for yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That was a great finish

bazermc wrote: »
    Bernal in yellow or Rog?

Rog, got bonus seconds on the climb and finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Near disaster there at the top.

Bonus seconds available at the top for top 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Panrich

You'd feel for Hirschi. Very brave effort.

Gutted for Herschi, but chapeau to him for fighting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think all of us wanted Hitachi to win that! So close!

Roglic is 21 seconds ahead of Bernal, 21 seconds of bonus's earned so Bernal is doing very well and keeping really quiet

Yeah I think Bernal is looking ok, some questions around a few of his team though surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I can't figure out those GC times. How come Quintana and Uran are at just 32 seconds if they lost 54 today? They weren't ahead of Roglic before today, were they?

EDIT: I was thinking of the gap to Yates and co.

Itziger wrote: »
    I can't figure out those GC times. How come Quintana and Uran are at just 32 seconds if they lost 54 today? They weren't ahead of Roglic before today, were they?

They were all behind Yates but they didn't lose 54 seconds they came in much closer then that

Itziger wrote: »

I think Quintana and Uran were only 11 seconds behind Roglic's group

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Pogacar looks champion in waiting for me...best climber and this is a climbers Tour ...designed fro Pinot and Allaphilipe ...the irony

I definitely wasn't backing him in a sprint ahead of Roglic there. Very impressive.

Pogacar was unreal last year at the Vuelta and his looking going today, stage win and some bonus seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Love the way King Kelly pronounces Pogacar exactly the way it’s spelt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Yeah I think Bernal is looking ok, some questions around a few of his team though surely?

I can’t help but think that not bringing Froome or Thomas was a mistake, their experience could be very valuable, we have seen TeamJumbo outlast Team Ineos a number of times and Carapaz seems to be the only one going late into the stage for Bernal.

One thing looks to be sure, Ineos won’t have the effect in the tour that they have had in recent years, Bernal is going to have to do more himself to win but he is well capable of it.

It’s shaping up to be The tightest battle in a long time

We'll see what Froome and Thomas have this week in Italy. JV have been riding all week as if they had the jersey already, not seeing even close to that level of confidence from Ineos. It's like the roles have been completely reversed this year , even with Ineos hell bent on getting a man into the break today. Normally they'd leave movistar do that and ride their own race and boss the peloton from the front.

bazermc wrote: »
    Love the way King Kelly pronounces Pogacar exactly the way it’s spelt

It's hilarious. As you said, sometimes he says it phonetically, then sometimes he pronounces it correctly, but then also he can completely butcher it in a different way as well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

It's hilarious. As you said, sometimes he says it phonetically, then sometimes he pronounces it correctly, but then also he can completely butcher it in a different way as well :pac:

His "Bulkeh Mellehma" was another interesting interpretation today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I'd still back bernal, there's 2 weeks to go, he;s not lost anything to roglic bar bonuses, and by all accounts he's come into the tdf undercooked vs pog and rog.
    I'm loathe to back skyneos, bus i feel they have more to show once JV exhaust themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

His "Bulkeh Mellehma" was another interesting interpretation today.

Cabel oo-an....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Brand_New

What do people think of riders using a long outfront mount of a bike computer as a tt bar?

https://twitter.com/csdrake/status/1302596533737721858

It will be fun watching all the club riders attempting this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭lissard

That guy has been a revelation - so unlucky not to snatch it at the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Cabel oo-an....

In my head his version was coming out as "Kay Baloon"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Had meant to be on the side of the road for this stage today :(

Dont worry, @Boscoirl, we were well represented.......:P
    He even had a stack of tricolours that he seemed to be selling.

525532.jpg

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Dont worry, @Boscoirl, we were well represented.......:P
    He even had a stack of tricolours that he seemed to be selling.

Hats, flags & headbands!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

retalivity wrote: »
    I'd still back bernal, there's 2 weeks to go, he;s not lost anything to roglic bar bonuses, and by all accounts he's come into the tdf undercooked vs pog and rog.
    I'm loathe to back skyneos, bus i feel they have more to show once JV exhaust themselves

I think that’s where I am on it as well, I would like to know where sivakov is though, didn’t he crash in the early stages? I was expecting to see more of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I think that’s where I am on it as well, I would like to know where sivakov is though, didn’t he crash in the early stages? I was expecting to see more of him

He was trying to get up the road yesterday in a few of the many attacks. Looks like he is getting back to normal after crashing twice on the first day

Advertisement