Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding after Tooth Extraction

Options
  • 06-09-2020 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Got a tooth extracted last Monday, everything fine up until this morning when I woke up, pillows and mouth covered in blood and blood clot hanging from socket.

Waiting for chemist to open so I can get some gauze but is there any need for me to contact my dentist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The clot moved, don’t worry, most of what is on your pillow is saliva with a little blood in it (think a pint of water with a tiny bit of orange cordial).

Boil your kettle, let the water cool to the temp just below what you would drink a cup of tea at, roll up a clean handkerchief and dip in the warm water, then press/bite on the handkerchief for a few mins.

It’ll be fine.

Advertisement