Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowering Hebe

Options
  • 06-09-2020 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

Hi all

I bought a few flowering hebe that Lidl has in store this week. 3 slightly different varities. There no information with them.

Can I plant them....and if so where's best? How big will they grow?

I have 2 potential spots....front south facing garden along a wall. Will get sun in am and most of the day or back garden again along a wall but would l get very little (if any sun) in winter, decent amoung in summer?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Hebe are a big family of shrubs ranging from small right through to decent size.

They mostly are forgiving and tolerant of a wide range of sites as long as it’s not really wet or really dry.

They take pruning really well so as long as you keep on top of it they are as big or as small as you let them.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I have hebe growing on a north eastern wall, gets hardly any sun and flowers perfectly. Only thing is that it self seeds like crazy!

Advertisement