Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK government clamps down on Extinction Rebellion Eco Terrorist Group

Options
2»

Comments

I said "terrorism" just as you wrote "terrorism" but nonetheless - who has declared graffit writers as "violent"?

Graffiti can be construed as violence, yes. Especially if it's terrorist adjacent

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Edz87 wrote: »
    Graffiti can be construed as violence, yes. Especially if it's terrorist adjacent

this is it. Id imagine swastikas or slogans for terrorist groups as violence. the extinction rebellion logo on a building is violent graffiti in my book.

this is it. Id imagine swastikas or slogans for terrorist groups as violence. the extinction rebellion logo on a building is violent graffiti in my book.

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

theyve been declared an eco terrorist group which I'd think is pretty accurate but they absolutely are violent protestors.

So anything they do is terrorism? Is that not diluting the seriousness of actual terrorism

• Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Edz87 wrote: »

So you're hyperboling everything to you don't like to the level of violence so you can redefine the word terrorism to suit your agenda, grand.

As someone said, this dilutes the meaning and seriousness of ACTUAL terorrism.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Zachary & Orla

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So anything they do is terrorism? Is that not diluting the seriousness of actual terrorism

Eco terrorism , its a subsection

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco-terrorism
    The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defines eco-terrorism as "...the use or threatened use of violence of a criminal nature against innocent victims or property by an environmentally-oriented, subnational group for environmental-political reasons, or aimed at an audience beyond the target, often of a symbolic nature."

this counts as eco-terrorism.

the term is specifically made for that type of act and doesn't mean the watering down of terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

theyve been declared an eco terrorist group which I'd think is pretty accurate but they absolutely are violent protestors.

nope fake news and hyperbole.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Eco terrorism , its a subsection

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eco-terrorism

this counts as eco-terrorism.

the term is specifically made for that type of act and doesn't mean the watering down of terrorism.

ok

Advertisement