If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for parents

Options
  • 06-09-2020 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Looking for TV for my parents. Need to confirm size but they only have a 32 inch at the moment but there is probably room for a 40" .

Looking to remove all the mess they have.

Needs are:
    1. Netflix/Amazon prime
    2. Freesat tuner 
    3. Saorview tuner
    4. Single EPG sharing both tuners. (for example my samsung you have to click 4 places)
    5. Ability to pause TV with the aid of usb drive in the back.
    6. Remote to be normal enough.

aka I am looking for the best easy to use TV with the above for my parents.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

rom wrote: »
    Looking for TV for my parents. Need to confirm size but they only have a 32 inch at the moment but there is probably room for a 40" .

Looking to remove all the mess they have.

Needs are:
    1. Netflix/Amazon prime
    2. Freesat tuner 
    3. Saorview tuner
    4. Single EPG sharing both tuners. (for example my samsung you have to click 4 places)
    5. Ability to pause TV with the aid of usb drive in the back.
    6. Remote to be normal enough.

aka I am looking for the best easy to use TV with the above for my parents.
    Hi Rom.

Thanks for the post.

LG pretty much suit your needs as it would have all the features required.

There are no televisions that we stock that would have both Freesat and Saorview on the same EPG. You need to switch between Saorview and Freesat via the remote.

You could check out the LG 43UN81006 priced at 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204662-lg-43un81006lb-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.