Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The South Westerlies [RTE1][**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

if thats what your into. Id rather stick it in a meat grinder

Times are tough, and I'm an ugly little f##ker !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

1st episode on RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

15 minutes in and I'm already thinking that perhaps jumping off a wind turbine might be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭raher1

Not exactly exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yeh the damn nasty finns with there backhanders and undercover people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Jeju

Episode 2. Conor pops Poppy, turns out she is Baz's daughter from his time in Hawawai or Bali.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Jeju wrote: »
    Episode 2. Conor pops Poppy, turns out she is Baz's daughter from his time in Hawawai or Bali.

That would make it a small bit interesting....so chances of same are (based on what we’ve just seen)are pretty much nil :(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Mebuntu

Shot in Wicklow Town. Here's the cafe location.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

if thats what your into. Id rather stick it in a meat grinder

Tara called. She agrees wholeheartedly with your proposed course of action. She asked if she could man the 'on' button on the grinder?

yeh the damn nasty finns with there backhanders and undercover people.

Tisnt the Finns its the Norwegians they are after :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well I for one hope that Kate and those nasty Norwegians dont get their way with their evil plan. Carrigeen is a local town for local people.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd say tomorrow it will be all over RTE radio and TV as the next big thing.

Is Orla Brady really 59?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orla_Brady

Tara called. She agrees wholeheartedly with your proposed course of action. She asked if she could man the 'on' button on the grinder?

Isnt talentless Tara lucky to have such loyal male followers like you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Is Orla Brady really 59?

Pity liveline will be taken over with the leaving cert results or they would defiantly have a caller on with some made up issue to generate some publicity

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Is Orla Brady really 59?

Can't believe she's 59!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well I for one hope that Kate and those nasty Norwegians dont get their way with their evil plan. Carrigeen is a local town for local people.

Are you local? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Orla Brady really 59?

She looks well for 59

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Jeju wrote: »

that'll only happen after an evening of the two of em looking at consent forms for holding hands and for how long before being ok to kiss #safe women surfers #a load of crap, hate obvious virtue signalling in scripts gets my roll eyes going
    Just watched this was reminded of Promised Land with Matt Damon except this is really awful. Is that the pub in Avoca that Bergin is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AJB39

The article about the show on the RTÉ website and app says it was filmed in Wicklow Town, Cork and Oslo in Norway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Isnt talentless Tara lucky to have such loyal male followers like you? :)

You have to admit, it was a bit 1970s, like something from The Sweeney, with the sneering lads looking at the girls, making 40 foot bargepole jokes, as if the girls were queuing up for a go?

I wouldn't say I'm a loyal fan. I loved her stuff in Irish Pictorial Weekly, but that's a while back now. Her role in this was a bit cringe, but that's down to the cringe script.

But let's be honest, your issue is that the lady had an opinion and voiced an opinion and even worse, she ended up on the winning team for the Repeal thing. That's your big problem, but you take a swipe at her looks rather than just disagreeing with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Muahahaha wrote: »

Well said Tubbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Very stage Oirishy especially the publican's son/radio presenter. The bucklepping in the bar was like something out of the Quiet Man.

Also the scene in the Planning Office. Even is she has been on Mars for the last 25 years, a quick Google search would have told Kate how to get a look a planning file.

Depressing if this is what D4 media types take away from their jaunts to West Cork, Lehinch, Roundstone etc during their summer vacations. Can't imagine what Norway will make of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Norway won't know any better so will assume that west Cork looks and sounds like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Big RTÉ media push next

RTÉ guide features

Cast all on late late - tubs calling it a masterpiece

Cast members interviewed on ray Darcy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

You have to admit, it was a bit 1970s, like something from The Sweeney, with the sneering lads looking at the girls, making 40 foot bargepole jokes, as if the girls were queuing up for a go?

I wouldn't say I'm a loyal fan. I loved her stuff in Irish Pictorial Weekly, but that's a while back now. Her role in this was a bit cringe, but that's down to the cringe script.

But let's be honest, your issue is that the lady had an opinion and voiced an opinion and even worse, she ended up on the winning team for the Repeal thing. That's your big problem, but you take a swipe at her looks rather than just disagreeing with her.
    Taras career highlight was the Rimini Riddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Norway won't know any better so will assume that west Cork looks and sounds like that.

No and no.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Norway?
    Is the Statoil guy on it? Stock Norwegian guy in everything, but actually Danish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

The scene in the bar when the lads had the handbags at dawn moment was to put it frankly embarrassing. As a licence payer im not expecting Brando or Daniel Day Lewis standard of acting at every turn but surely they can do better than this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I thought it was okay but not brilliant. I liked the plot and the scenery more than the acting. The reveal about the son's Dad was a bit unsurprising alright! I still want to see what happens next, plot-wise. So I probably will tune in next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I know it's the nature of acting and they have to follow the work but is bringing the likes of Patrick Bergin and a few more back from the UK and beyond to star in a dodgy "comic drama" when RTÉ is constantly banging the poor mouth drum really a wise way to spend money?
    They describe it as "star studded", how many people are actually tuning in to see the likes of Bergin who was always a pretty poor actor or Orla Brady who is the same in everything I see her in?

Advertisement