Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The South Westerlies [RTE1][**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

It's one thing to occasionally catch an actor acting but these guys are at it all the time. You never for a moment think that this is a real story and there isn't a crew and gear standing just outside your field of view. I'm just not sure if it's bad acting or bad writing but I suspect it's both.

Some nice shots of the town though, so we'll just fast-forward to them when watching next week's effort.

The geographical anomalies don't count as goofs of course, but they do provide some unintended amusement if you know the area, such as getting out of the car at that tiny car park a couple of miles south of Brittas Bay and then taking a few steps to the left and standing beside Wicklow Head lighthouse. Or driving up the coast road towards Wicklow, but the shot of them passing the lighthouses indicates that they're going away from town again. Then they get into town and emerge from a side road you have no reason to come out of if you've come in via the cost road. Maybe the Oslo office should have provided a satnav.

It was like watching Taffin again...where the protestors get very annoyed because the evil businessman blocked their exit from the car park with his truck and you're wondering what's the problem because they can just go round via Church St... :)

You have to admit, it was a bit 1970s, like something from The Sweeney, with the sneering lads looking at the girls, making 40 foot bargepole jokes, as if the girls were queuing up for a go?

I wouldn't say I'm a loyal fan. I loved her stuff in Irish Pictorial Weekly, but that's a while back now. Her role in this was a bit cringe, but that's down to the cringe script.

But let's be honest, your issue is that the lady had an opinion and voiced an opinion and even worse, she ended up on the winning team for the Repeal thing. That's your big problem, but you take a swipe at her looks rather than just disagreeing with her.

Actually i didnt say anything about her looks per-se. In response to another poster who commented on his perceived attractiveness of her (which fair enough, each to their own) I responded (in not so many words) that i didnt find her sexually attractive, because frankly I find her and all her obnoxious talentless Irish cohort who invade our airtime, to be quite repulsive, self-absorbed garbage. They make my skin crawl. Stealing a living

The 'winning team'???.... :eek: God above we really are falling off the cliff edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I missed the first episode on Sunday and the TV listings aren't showing for the weekend on sky, does anyone know if its repeated before the second episode is shown. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I missed the first episode on Sunday and the TV listings aren't showing for the weekend on sky, does anyone know if its repeated before the second episode is shown. Thanks.

Repeated Saturday night at 11.30. EPG data for RTE on Saturday seems to be a copy of last week as they are still showing Mutiny On The Bounty in the afternoon, the person who updated the EPG is probably still away for 2 weeks in Torremolinos Courtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Caught up with this tonight..... bit disappointed overall tbh....

Acting hammy enough to make half a Christmas dinner, and West Cork might have made up for that, but it was shot in fecking Wicklow :rolleyes:

Orla Brady literally the only good thing about it!

Might give it one more week just to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

storker wrote: »
    The geographical anomalies don't count as goofs of course, but they do provide some unintended amusement if you know the area, such as getting out of the car at that tiny car park a couple of miles south of Brittas Bay and then taking a few steps to the left and standing beside Wicklow Head lighthouse. Or driving up the coast road towards Wicklow, but the shot of them passing the lighthouses indicates that they're going away from town again. Then they get into town and emerge from a side road you have no reason to come out of if you've come in via the cost road. Maybe the Oslo office should have provided a satnav.

It was like watching Taffin again...where the protestors get very annoyed because the evil businessman blocked their exit from the car park with his truck and you're wondering what's the problem because they can just go round via Church St... :)

simpsons___fired_for_blunder.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Repeated Saturday night at 11.30. EPG data for RTE on Saturday seems to be a copy of last week as they are still showing Mutiny On The Bounty in the afternoon, the person who updated the EPG is probably still away for 2 weeks in Torremolinos Courtown.

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

I watched it on catch up on sky.

Well, I say watched it but I only got as far as the end of part 2. Usually I’ll keep watching something regardless but it was woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Glad to know I’m not the only person who found this brutal!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't know if I should subject myself to it again tonight. Some truly cringworthy acting and dialogue.
    On the other hand some lovely views, including Orla ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I don't know if I should subject myself to it again tonight. Some truly cringworthy acting and dialogue.
    On the other hand some lovely views, including Orla ;)

Im actually going to tune in just for the pure cringe factor, its so bad it is actually funny. I also want to see does the plot line of the surfer chick turning out to he a half sister of Orla Bradys son play out, if it does we will have reached peak cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Mav11

Just saw the catch up at the beginning. Had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Nice sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Nice sausages.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Nice sausages.

Miserable looking sausages. Certainly not from Clonakilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

The camoige coach what acting school did she come from ??

I love all things GAA....oh F##k off.....

I watch as it's so bloody bad..

Is Steve Wall stoned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I just realised that Baz the surfer is like an Irish version of Doctor Cox. It's uncanny!
    Also the cafe owner's husband is obviously in the closet, 'we love your buns' that one made Killinaskully look subtle :rolleyes:

That scene on the fishing boat with the fisherman reciting his poetry was the cringeworthy moment of part 1 for me, followed closely by the GAA coach who doesnt seem to know how to act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Atlantic Examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Saw a few minutes of episode 1 last week.
    Reminded me of the rashers I had for breakfast (a bit hammy)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Tis fair bad

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That scene on the fishing boat with the fisherman reciting his poetry was the cringeworthy moment of part 1 for me, followed closely by the GAA coach who doesnt seem to know how to act.

Not as cringeworthy as the Cork accents. And I have one of those. :D

Conman, a chip off the old block, wha???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Those hurleys the camogie club were playing with looked really clean.
    Like they were never used before

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was the song played at the end tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

gammygils wrote: »
    Those hurleys the camogie club were playing with looked really clean.
    Like they were never used before

Do ye not polish yer hurleys after using them?

I liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

It certainly was worse than last week. At least we saw Steve Wall singing and playing guitar! The scenery is still good and I still want to see what happens in the plot next week.

• Advertisement

At least we saw Steve Wall singing and playing guitar!

They should have had him singing Brewing Up a Storm just for old times sake

Advertisement