Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The South Westerlies [RTE1][**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What did the cafe ladys husband say to her before he started crying. I couldn't make it out.

Was it something to do with him sleeping rough? The whole sound mix for that scene was awful. I could barely make anything out.

That he thinks he is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

That he thinks he is gay.

Oh. I think someone suggested that in an earlier post. All that talk or sticky buns....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The pair of chicken legs on Steve Wall lol
    Must be from wearing tight jeans on stage all these years

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Kate uncovered now. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Sigrid & Morten rightly shafted her. They got what the company wanted - objections withdrawn and a majority of town business community supporting the project based on a bogus 'guarantee' of a certain number of turbines.

They put out the pipeline story knowing she and DJ guy would go with it. Morten refuses to help but relents and eventually comes back with information. Now she's the one left with the smoking gun which points right as Kelliher. He's not going to be able to admit having dealings with Sigrid & Co so it looks like she's trying to discredit him for some other reason. Even if Ma Kelleher hadn't done her detective work, it was only a matter of time before someone else would ask what Kate's agenda really was. Teddy Lawson for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Baz fcek off and go back to Hawaii :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Baz fcek off and go back to Hawaii :D

Was he ever in Hawaii?

saabsaab wrote: »
    Was he ever in Hawaii?

I don't know I found it funny when the DJ fella said it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God that singing scene was shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

PTH2009 wrote: »
    God that singing scene was shocking

That song has been used in a couple of other Irish TV shows this year. Handy money for Aslan.

I only realised last night that I used you to know the actor playing the DJ, Kevin Ryan. He was married to Michelle Pfeiffer sister at one point, and was a pretty good dancer back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

I think the whole idea of the singing was that it was awful and cringy so I thought it was a success. They could hardly have Steve/Baz going up and singing 'Brewing up a storm' could they?????? Aslan have made a mint out of Crazy World. Their early material is so much better, for me, 'Feel no Shame' for the 1980's is a fantastic album.

It'll be interesting to see how they wrap it up next week. Kate can hardly stay in Carrigeen, can she?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Radio5 wrote: »
    I think the whole idea of the singing was that it was awful and cringy so I thought it was a success. They could hardly have Steve/Baz going up and singing 'Brewing up a storm' could they?????? Aslan have made a mint out of Crazy World. Their early material is so much better, for me, 'Feel no Shame' for the 1980's is a fantastic album.

It'll be interesting to see how they wrap it up next week. Kate can hardly stay in Carrigeen, can she?

Aslan have done some great work over the years.

Brewing up a storm in Big Mikes pub would be great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Here’s an idea

Charity single for Christmas - big Mike aka Patrick Bergin Singing brewing up a storm

backed by the “south westerlies” choir and the stunning

All Money collected goes to worthy causes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

All Money collected goes to worthy causes

Such as allowing RTE to pay for decent scripts for future dramas?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Been watching this since the start now and still have no idea what the point is?

There seems to be no real end.....it just meanders on.....very boring.

walshb wrote: »
    Been watching this since the start now and still have no idea what the point is?

There seems to be no real end.....it just meanders on.....very boring.

What no car chases, shootouts or murders? I like it not bad at all, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

My one main quibble is the accents. Occasionally characters have badly put on Cork accents (e.g. the fisherman) most, however, dont even bother trying to put them on.

DrSerious3 wrote: »
    My one main quibble is the accents. Occasionally characters have badly put on Cork accents (e.g. the fisherman) most, however, dont even bother trying to put them on.

I suppose but parts of Cork have no accent now or a mix from all that have come in in the last 30 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm hoping Kate gets ran out of town by the locals with pitchforks on Sunday and the son with the permanent grin tearing after her. And then it all ends up with an oil drilling platform being built offshore :pac:
    DrSerious3 wrote: »

That fisherman character is a bit of a joke, very over exaggerated acting. Anyone know is the fisherman the same guy who played the mad Irishman in Braveheart? Looks like him anyway.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I'm hoping Kate gets ran out of town by the locals with pitchforks on Sunday and the son with the permanent grin tearing after her. And then it all ends up with an oil drilling platform being built offshore :pac:

That fisherman character is a bit of a joke, very over exaggerated acting. Anyone know is the fisherman the same guy who played the mad Irishman in Braveheart? Looks like him anyway.

I can't see it ending like that. I'd say she leaves but the son stays with the Dad in the surfing business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Whats the deal with Orla Brady doing slow motion drive bys.......really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

I need a translater for the norweigan dolly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

and we are in mizen head

I can't see it ending like that. I'd say she leaves but the son stays with the Dad in the surfing business.

I think I got it right?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I think I got it right?

god, they obviously have a 2nd series

I need a translater for the norweigan dolly

I wouldn't need any translator!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That was a crap ending, waste of my time

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Autosport wrote: »
    That was a crap ending, waste of my time

Yes complete rubbish, were they expecting to get a 2nd series where the windfarm arrives?

Perhaps it will sell Ireland as a tourist destination abroad.

That song has been used in a couple of other Irish TV shows this year. Handy money for Aslan.

I only realised last night that I used you to know the actor playing the DJ, Kevin Ryan. He was married to Michelle Pfeiffer sister at one point, and was a pretty good dancer back in the day.

Callum is a bit of a ride :o;):pac:

• Advertisement

Enjoyed it myself.

Advertisement