Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doorbell with camera & flood lights

Options
  • 06-09-2020 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a doorbell with a camera in it.
    RING appears to be quite expensive and wondering if there is an alternative option available?

Also, I am looking for flood lights at the back and front of the house. If you can recommend any please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

I can't recommend any brands but if you are concerned for security you can add trigger points that set off the lights, front and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thank you. I will check it now on amazon
    Feets wrote: »
    I can't recommend any brands but if you are concerned for security you can add trigger points that set off the lights, front and back.

Phone Watch is around 41 euros a month plus 200 euros installation fees.
    Is it cheaper to purchase own alarm set with camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Phone Watch is around 41 euros a month plus 200 euros installation fees.
    Is it cheaper to purchase own alarm set with camera?

That's a lot of money. Often wondered, what's stopping people from cutting the line, especially as eir prefer to drill a hole through the wall rather than bring lines in though the attic.
    I also thought jammers would feature more in home breakins where security is provided by sim card or even WiFi. Doesn't appear to be a thing.

Yea it's not 100% fool proof but provides a sense of security.
    Also its unlikely that local theives will be using jammers, and other high tech gadgets to steal few hundreds/thousands from a small household.

Is it better to get your own security system when it comes to financial aspects?
    antix80 wrote: »
    That's a lot of money. Often wondered, what's stopping people from cutting the line, especially as eir prefer to drill a hole through the wall rather than bring lines in though the attic.
    I also thought jammers would feature more in home breakins where security is provided by sim card or even WiFi. Doesn't appear to be a thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement