Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting correct shade/brand of concealer?

Options
  • 06-09-2020 11:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I spent about an hour with a counter gal so got the shade of foundation just fine.

There being so many foundation shades I knew that was gonna take time.

Concealer however, I figured shades were "light/medium/heavy".

Easy, go for medium.
    Turned out to be too light.
    Went back got something darker, "nude 2" in a different brand, turned out to be totally off colour.

Initial concealer was also insufficient coverage and very liquid.

20 euro, not the end of the world (anyone wants to do a trade I'm open)

Do I basically have to wait until we come out of lockdown so I can sample a bunch of swatches to get the right colour and coverage?

Maybelline eraser was the 2nd brand - better coverage, impossible shade.

Are there any recommended concealers specifically or is it just, try them all?

I started using makeup relatively recently and as a dude, must say I'm thrilled with results.

I've learned to blend it very well for full discretion, with a precise straight razor shave and contoured eyebrows - some eyebrow gel - dramatic improvement.

Getting the concealer correct is the last hurdle to cross - the last point I'm simply not satisfied with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Concealer can be a shade or two lighter than your foundation, if its too light you can mix a small bit of your foundation into it or mix the medium and darker shade you bought together until you match it to how you want it.

Advertisement