Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary linekar fish and chips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

GT89 wrote: »
    It is not just terrorism (which is a very real threat) but they are often not culturally compatible to living and working in a Western country. Look at the African, Asian and Halal shops as an example most are filthy kips they have absolutely no respect for the upkeep of their business. Go through the FSAI closure orders on a monthly basis and 90% of the places closed for being filthy are takeaways and shops selling food typically associated with countries outside the EU.

Look at Parnell Street in Dublin for example full of sh1thole African and Asian owned shops with zero respect for hygiene, upkeep and basic food safety standards.

So fix those! Give higher penalties and more inspections (paid for by the penalties) until that behaviour stops.
    It's not an intractable problem to fix. Obviously businessmen from foreign countries will at first think that they can do business in ireland and treat workers the same way they did in their old countries, until they figure out that these things get punished here. It's very similar to how motor tax is enforced here, and you get a lot of newcomers thinking they don't need to pay it, until they get caught. Then they get slapped on the wrist and they start paying. Its how humans learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭worded

Very shellfish of him

I clammed up reading this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

No because I don't want to get food poisoning. One clean well run shop does not mean they are all like that. Look at Parnell Street the shopfronts are mostly unkempt and/or cheap and tacky looking.

Look at the closure orders from last February and it's nearly all ethnic establishments. It's the same story nearly every month.

https://www.thejournal.ie/closure-orders-fsai-food-5001468-Feb2020/
    Maybe try going into some of these shops.

"Nearly all ethnic".....there's 5, which isn't a big sample size. And seems only 3 could be argued as "ethnic" on a superficial reading, and that's without knowing their ownership. This is all just pure ignorance on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

Maybe try going into some of these shops.

"Nearly all ethnic".....there's 5, which isn't a big sample size. And seems only 3 could be argued as "ethnic" on a superficial reading, and that's without knowing their ownership. This is all just pure ignorance on your part.

My point is that even if he's right, the solution is to fix the loopholes allowing them to get away with it (if they are).

If an Eastern European gang found a way to hack ATMs that Irish criminals didn't have the knowledge to hack, you dont ban Eastern Europeans, you fix the hack.

Law-abiding companies in society benefit from an immigrants different way of thinking, as they will come up with new solutions to old problems (that's part of the big benefit of immigration), but this different way of thinking also helps criminals who would not have thought that way before.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Gary linekar fish and chips
    Lineker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I haven't watched the video but who cares? It's the UK, not Ireland. They're not invading your shores. Or does it make some Irish people uncomfortable that lots of refugees are going to the UK and some people want to welcome them?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I haven't watched the video but who cares? It's the UK, not Ireland. They're not invading your shores. Or does it make some Irish people uncomfortable that lots of refugees are going to the UK and some people want to welcome them?

I neither want us impacted by a load of brits coming over here when white flight starts kicking in when areas of the UK get the concentrations of migrants and the massive problems that brings ,

Or migrants choosing Ireland as their destination after britain leaves the EU finally,

Or the more radicalised second generation migrants born in the UK choosing Ireland as a target

I neither want us impacted by a load of brits coming over here when white flight starts kicking in when areas of the UK get the concentrations of migrants and the massive problems that brings ,

Or migrants choosing Ireland as their destination after britain leaves the EU finally,

Or the more radicalised second generation migrants born in the UK choosing Ireland as a target

Brits wont be able to just move here as they please in future what with Brexit and all. Unless the millions of them with Irish passports move back!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Had no idea Linekar was the BBC's highest earner. That country really is in dire straits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"Multi-millionaire lectures plebs"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Brits wont be able to just move here as they please in future what with Brexit and all. Unless the millions of them with Irish passports move back!

Why? UK and Ireland have agreements pre dating the EU. There is a little bit if history between these countries :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Donno' why he didn't go with a kebab...

cos its German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Those British, coming over here with their decent fish and chips, taking all our social welfare or something.

kenmm wrote: »
    Why? UK and Ireland have agreements pre dating the EU. There is a little bit if history between these countries :pac:

Oh yeah, I was thinking things might be different after Brexit but maybe not.
    Oh well looks like we're going to be a refugee camp for white flighters from Birmingham etc. sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

jaysus thats just baiting at this point.
    still fits the narrative, nobody can ever say anything good about illegal immigration except food, as if every single one of them is a trained chef..

I was under the assumption they were all highly qualified doctors and engineers.

🙈🙉🙊

I was under the assumption they were all highly qualified doctors and engineers.

thats what we're led to believe when its single digit percentages of them have even set foot in a 3rd level institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's a video from a Refugee lobbyist group, why stress about it?

Its like a video from FF talking about all the great things they have done. It's just marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Anyone see the cringeworthy video of this complete and utter tosspot talking about fish and chips and how if it weren't for refugees coming to England that there wouldn't be fish and chips as if that was justifiable a reason to accept illegal
    economic migrants coming to your country to sponge off the system.

Btw I am not one bit racist I am just against illegal immigration. Here's the video it has to be the most cringeworthy thing I have ever seen in my life. Honestly who advised him to do a video like this was a good idea.

https://youtu.be/x-OsT1jA7N8

Where did he say that he supported illegal immigration?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's a video from a Refugee lobbyist group, why stress about it?

And it's also in a completely different country as ell.

It's because it gives the rabble here an excuse to start complaining about anyone or anything that is slightly different to them.

Slightly darker skin? Different religion? Different nationality? Hate hate hate!

Sure Lineker didn't even mention illegal immigrants and the OP went off one one about it.

The lives of these people must be so dark and sad if they have so much negative energy that they need to project onto others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MrStuffins wrote: »
    And it's also in a completely different country as ell.

It's because it gives the rabble here an excuse to start complaining about anyone or anything that is slightly different to them.

Slightly darker skin? Different religion? Different nationality? Hate hate hate!

Sure Lineker didn't even mention illegal immigrants and the OP went off one one about it.

The lives of these people must be so dark and sad if they have so much negative energy that they need to project onto others.

It has made me want some Fish and Chips

• Advertisement

thats what we're led to believe when its single digit percentages of them have even set foot in a 3rd level institution.

Immigration isn't going away, and the tide of poor uneducated people coming from sh*tholes is only going to grow and grow. Do yourself a favour and just accept this, they're only people after all. Life is too short to allow this to annoy you. The world and it's people and dynamics have forever been changing.

Immigration isn't going away, and the tide of poor uneducated people coming from sh*tholes is only going to grow and grow. Do yourself a favour and just accept this, they're only people after all. Life is too short to allow this to annoy you. The world and it's people and dynamics have forever been changing.

the sad thing is I completely believe this to be true. The problem is when they get to countries that aren't sh*tholes they do everything to replicate what made their home that way.

If it continues we're probably going to have to buy a load of land somewhere to make a new country for the middle and wealthy unburdened by the crime, social issues and high taxation required to support this issue. It'll just create even more division and lead to a worldwide brain drain as the successful evacuate these countries to find safety and prosperity among their own kind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Thomas Hudson

He's a mong but in fairness he said he'll take in a migrant. Hopefully he chooses wisely and doesn't pick a 23yo Syrian child from Africa. Otherwise there might be a cultural misunderstanding with the wife...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He's a mong but in fairness he said he'll take in a migrant. Hopefully he chooses wisely and doesn't pick a 23yo Syrian child from Africa. Otherwise there might be a cultural misunderstanding with the wife...

She won't be the only one misunderstanding!

Well no, I won't just accept it. 1200 German women were attacked in one night by migrants. Most rapes in Sweden are committed by non-EU immigrants.

Why should any European people accept third world immigration?

Well no, I won't just accept it. 1200 German women were attacked in one night by migrants. Most rapes in Sweden are committed by non-EU immigrants.

Why should any European people accept third world immigration?

I don't know, to give them a better chance at life maybe. All I know is that if I was from South Sudan or some other kip like that I'd be first in line for the migrant rafts to Spain etc.
    I mean look at all the people who left Ireland during the last recession, we do it too but people think it's ok to do it if you're white and educated.

I don't know, to give them a better chance at life maybe. All I know is that if I was from South Sudan or some other kip like that I'd be first in line for the migrant rafts to Spain etc.
    I mean look at all the people who left Ireland during the last recession, we do it too but people think it's ok to do it if you're white and educated.

And you should be sent back. Sorry that life is hard in Africa but ruining Europe is not the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is a child like view, which ignores all of the complexities and ramifications of the issue. You're right though, it will likely continue because our leaders have given them an incentive to come. Will it end well? No. Our quality of life will continue to decline until the west devolves into a near 3rd world state, because we simply don't have the resources or skills to manage to problem.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Shocking. It's almost like these countries wanted skilled workers. That's not what's happening in Europe though.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement

TomTomTim wrote: »
    Shocking. It's almost like these countries wanted skilled workers. That's not what's happening in Europe though.

It's the same thing, people looking for a better life. The more privileged ones have more advantages though which isn't really fair.

Advertisement