Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary linekar fish and chips

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is a child like view, which ignores all of the complexities and ramifications of the issue. You're right though, it will likely continue because our leaders have given them an incentive to come. Will it end well? No. Our quality of life will continue to decline until the west devolves into a near 3rd world state, because we simply don't have the resources or skills to manage to problem.

Europe is still very rich and probably overall the best part of the world to live in. When is this dystopian immigrant fantasy going to play out? Because people have been saying sh*t like this for years.
    Also things change, Ireland 50 years ago was unrecognisable to now. It will be unrecognisable in another 50 years. Just roll with it, you can't stop it anyway.
    I couldn't care less where my neighbour or colleague comes from or what colour or creed they are as long as they are decent people, and most people in the world seem to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Thomas Hudson

Europe is still very rich and probably overall the best part of the world to live in. When is this dystopian immigrant fantasy going to play out? Because people have been saying sh*t like this for years.
    Also things change, Ireland 50 years ago was unrecognisable to now. It will be unrecognisable in another 50 years. Just roll with it, you can't stop it anyway.
    I couldn't care less where my neighbour or colleague comes from or what colour or creed they are as long as they are decent people, and most people in the world seem to be.

Yes just roll over and accept rising crime and Islamic terrorism.

Yeah because that's definitely going to happen in Ireland.
    What are you doing about it? Protesting etc?

Ahh, fair play to him.

Yeah because that's definitely going to happen in Ireland.
    What are you doing about it? Protesting etc?

1200 German women assaulted in one night by migrants. The perpetrators were the same 'refugees' that Merkel had shipped in. I don't need that kind of diversity in my country, thanks.

I will support anti-immigration parties and candidates and I will convince others to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

1200 German women assaulted in one night by migrants. The perpetrators were the same 'refugees' that Merkel had shipped in. I don't need that kind of diversity in my country, thanks.

I will support anti-immigration parties and candidates and I will convince others to do so.
    Well go on then: convince me. So far you're not doing too well.
    Where can I send YOU back to?

Well no one else will, so look forward to having some black neighbours sooner or later, lol.
    And anyway there are no anti-immigration parties or candidates. So you're doing nothing about it except whingeing on the internet.

Well go on then: convince me. So far you're not doing too well.
    Where can I send YOU back to?

You can't send me anywhere friend, I'm Irish ;)

Well no one else will, so look forward to having some black neighbours sooner or later, lol.
    And anyway there are no anti-immigration parties or candidates. So you're doing nothing about it except whingeing on the internet.

There's the National Party and there are independents.

Another case from Germany, 10 Syrians were recently convicted of gang raping an 18yo girl. I thought these Syrians were all women and Children?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Islamic terrorism...in Ireland? Really?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

Can the law not deal with these people, without tarring the millions of law abiding immigrants with the same brush?

If the law can't deal with them, then the law couldn't deal with a group of ethnic germans who decided to do the same thing either, so the solution is to fix or strengthen the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Oh, hi there new user with 14 posts banging on about the national party and incidents without any context or supporting evidence.

You must have been a boards user in a previous life.

Penfailed wrote: »
    Islamic terrorism...in Ireland? Really?

Why do you think Ireland won't experience Islamic terrorism?

yoke wrote: »
    Can the law not deal with these people, without tarring the millions of law abiding immigrants with the same brush?

If the law can't deal with them, then the law couldn't deal with a group of ethnic germans who decided to do the same thing either, so the solution is to fix or strengthen the law.

You could just have a sensible immigration policy where small numbers of educated people are allowed in. Not Swedish/German open door insanity.

The men attacking those women should never have been in Germany in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Why do you think Ireland won't experience Islamic terrorism?

Why do you think it will?

Most Muslims I've met have been hard working family types. You seem to be sh!tting yourself and spreading fear that because a few scammers get through another countries borders that we are going to be over run by extremists. Get a grip lads, it's not going to happen.

kenmm wrote: »
    Why do you think it will?

Most Muslims I've met have been hard working family types. You seem to be sh!tting yourself and spreading fear that because a few scammers get through another countries borders that we are going to be over run by extremists. Get a grip lads, it's not going to happen.

Because it's happened in Britain, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Belgium, France.

You are naive to think it could never happen here.

There's the National Party and there are independents.

Oh well then, maybe they can form a coalition with FF/FG/Greens after the next election.

Oh well then, maybe they can form a coalition with FF/FG/Greens after the next election.

Why shouldn't I be angry when I see what immigration is doing to Europe?

Problem with your kind is, you are so arrogant you dismiss every valid concern about immigration as 'racism'. You seem to think Europeans are serfs with no say in the future of their countries.

Why shouldn't I be angry when I see what immigration is doing to Europe?

Problem with your kind is, you are so arrogant you dismiss every valid concern about immigration as 'racism'. You seem to think Europeans are serfs with no say in the future of their countries.

I don't dismiss anything as racism. Race doesn't come into this for me.
    Immigration is doing nothing to Europe. It's the most prosperous place in the world with an incredible standard of living. I'll take a few dodgy immigrants if we can have Sweden's healthcare, social services, etc.

You could just have a sensible immigration policy where small numbers of educated people are allowed in. Not Swedish/German open door insanity.

The men attacking those women should never have been in Germany in the first place.

Whats a sensible immigration policy?
    Any attempt to separate people permanently into "countries" will always lead to conflict between said "countries", as it will always be "us" and "them". It sounds like a sensible policy but it is actually a very stupid policy, exclusivity and isolationism always lead to conflict.

• Advertisement

Good man Gary. I've always liked him. Or at least, ever since he couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo that day in Stuttgart in 1988 :)

And he's dead right about refugees/immigrants/fish and chips.

All of those terrified at the prospect of their grandchildren being black/brown or (gasp) Polish can feck off! Suggest they watch a couple of episodes of Who Do You Think You Are, to see how ethnically diverse we are already.

I don't dismiss anything as racism. Race doesn't come into this for me.
    Immigration is doing nothing to Europe. It's the most prosperous place in the world with an incredible standard of living.

It has also brought crime and Islamic terrorism. All I want is quite life on my Island home. I don't want Islamic terrorism, I don't want 'asian grooming' gangs or taharrush mass sexual assaults (how come these things never happen in Poland or Hungary?)

I want a sensible immigration policy, small numbers of skilled people, genuine refugees too. Not millions of young men from North Africa and the middle east. I also want foregin criminals to be deported.

It's really not too much to ask, is it?

You can't send me anywhere friend, I'm Irish ;)

Meh. We could put you on a paddle board and tell the fishing community of the Arran Islands to stay at home for the night.
    Just an idea.

To put it another way, its better to have those extra couple of billion people of African or Asian or whatever descent under your banner and contributing to your economy, than uniting under someone else's banner and contributing to them.

America was a prime example of this - even with all it's problems, it was easy for America to eventually beat all the other "established" countries economically and then due to that economic success, in militarily strength due to this. They seem to have forgotten their own mantra of "give us your sick, your poor" etc. which was probably one of their greatest strengths in the past, which no other country had.

Meh. We could put you on a paddle board and tell the fishing community of the Arran Islands to stay at home for the night.
    Just an idea.

Sounds good to me. I'll have you placed in Molenbeek or Rinkeby or some other vibrant gettho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Because it's happened in Britain, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Belgium, France.

You are naive to think it could never happen here.

I'm not naive, but in my list if things to worry about, a random terror attack by extremists pretending to act in the name of God is pretty low down.

Go live on fear then. A few isolated terror incidents by extremists. Hint, the clue items in the name, few people acting at the extreme end of the spectrum.

Like I say, calm down, very little will happen. Plus, no one actually gives a fu(k about about Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Penfailed wrote: »
    Where did he say that he supported illegal immigration?
    When the UK government took in "children" from the Calais Jungle in 2016. In Gary's self-righteous mind, they're refugees. In the real world, they're illegal immigrants.

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/788407048031600640

I'm almost certain he once Tweeted that everybody can come here, but I can't locate the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I'm not naive, but in my list if things to worry about, a random terror attack by extremists pretending to act in the name of God is pretty low down.

Go live on fear then. A few isolated terror incidents by extremists. Hint, the clue items in the name, few people acting at the extreme end of the spectrum.

Like I say, calm down, very little will happen. Plus, no one actually gives a fu(k about about Ireland.
    Ireland mightn't have an Islamic terror attack, but these statistics speak volumes about the effects Islamic immigration has on a country.

525574.jpg525575.png
    525576.png

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Seems to me you're preparing yourself.
    I'm sure the British, Germans, Swedes, Spanish, French etc once felt the same as you.

Advertisement