Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 6 (September 8th Press Release)

Options
  • 07-09-2020 12:23am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So apparently the series 6 Apple Watch is being released this Tuesday via press release along with some new iPad models!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I bought my Series 5 watch last Christmas so I'm not in any rush to change. The only thing that would make me change at the moment would be a big improvement in battery life

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I’ve got an S4 so would like to upgrade if there’s some nice changes and they bring back the OLD yellow gold colour.

I know what you mean about the S5 battery life tho, my wife has one and the always on display zaps the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

eeloe wrote: »
    I know what you mean about the S5 battery life tho, my wife has one and the always on display zaps the battery.

Since about a week after I bought it, I've had the always on display off. And I'd comfortably get two days out of the battery, even with tracking runs/workouts/cycles. I've noticed recently that it's now struggling a bit to get two full days out of it, but I think I'm using the GPS for cycling/running a bit more at the moment too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

As much as I'd like to be replacing my Series 3 this week (with a Series 6) it looks like this week is more a press invite (well as much as a press invite can be in C19 times) for the upcoming hardware events.

https://twitter.com/markgurman/status/1302685752485003264

I know Apple have announced things through Press Releases recently but not for their flag ship products which Apple Watch is one of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

New iPad? Hopefully not the pro as I just ordered one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

godtabh wrote: »
    New iPad? Hopefully not the pro as I just ordered one

Won't be the Pro as only recently updated with better camera and LIDAR scanner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

sill no way to get a data contract in Ireland for an apple watch?

dubmick wrote: »

Nope no provider support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

dubmick wrote: »

While not too interested in the data part I want to buy an Apple Watch Titanium or one of the other 'fancy' ones. They are not sold on the Irish Apple site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭PaulT21

forumdedum wrote: »
    While not too interested in the data part I want to buy an Apple Watch Titanium or one of the other 'fancy' ones. They are not sold on the Irish Apple site.

A quick visit to the Belfast apple Store should sort that out for you :D

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/victoriasquare/

Its a pity that as usual we are hamstrung by Mobile operators who are willing to charge ridiculous contract pricing but not provide services like esim integration for iPhone and Apple Watch, visual voicemail etc :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

An 8 week delivery estimate is so disappointing on the series 6, I know it could be a bit quicker but you are still talking about sometime in November.

Mine shipped from China today. Should have it by Monday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

UPS telling me that my S6 shipped and should arrive Monday. My poor S0.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Vudgie wrote: »
    An 8 week delivery estimate is so disappointing on the series 6, I know it could be a bit quicker but you are still talking about sometime in November.

A spin to CompuB could be the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

My SE has been shipped, due now on Sept 22nd.

PaulT21 wrote: »

Its a pity that as usual we are hamstrung by Mobile operators who are willing to charge ridiculous contract pricing but not provide services like esim integration for iPhone and Apple Watch, visual voicemail etc :mad:

I went to Apple Belfast sometime last year or the 5 but they didn't have the Titanium in stock at the time. I never got around to buying. I'm not too keen on entering shops in the current pandemic.

Ireland tends to be more expensive for everything, with less features.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Mine is quoting October 5th for delivery, but has been stuck "Processing" for the past 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Does anyone know when the Apple watch S6 will be available in stores in Ireland?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

PaulT21 wrote: »

13 years later and still no visual voicemail.

Good thing we didn’t hold our breath for it eh?

• Advertisement

eeloe wrote: »
    13 years later and still no visual voicemail.

Good thing we didn’t hold our breath for it eh?

it was an outdated feature 13 years ago :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Slasher wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the Apple watch S6 will be available in stores in Ireland?

Wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem to be available anywhere but online atm.

Yakult wrote: »

I found some on John Lewis with Euro prices on them but the edition types sold out it seems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

forumdedum wrote: »
    I found some on John Lewis with Euro prices on them but the edition types sold out it seems.

Picked one up in Harvey Norman limerick today. They have most models in stock from what I saw!

Went with the 44mm space grey for dem extra pixels

Picked one up in Harvey Norman limerick today. They have most models in stock from what I saw!

Enjoy!

Mine is supposedly out for delivery but UPS is claiming my address is incomplete. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I got one in Harvey Norman Carrickmines yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

5uspect wrote: »
    Mine is supposedly out for delivery but UPS is claiming my address is incomplete. Ugh.

Yup. Got the same error message. Got in touch with UPS to correct it and now delivery is pushed back to tomorrow.

got mine this morning, one thing I'm noticing is how much bigger the 44mm (Series 6) feels to the 40mm (Series 3), but the biggest differences so far are:

1. the weight, it's only 6g in difference but you feel it on the wrist big time.
    2. how fast the watch actually is, I never considered the Series 3 to be a super slow watch, but it's like molasses compared to the Series 6.
    3. restoring from a backup of my Series 3 took roughly 10 minutes, anytime I done this on the Series 3 it was take the watch off for several hours.

• Advertisement

La Haine wrote: »
    Yup. Got the same error message. Got in touch with UPS to correct it and now delivery is pushed back to tomorrow.

I tried to contact them but it said I could only do so after a failed attempt.

Advertisement