Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Series 6 (September 8th Press Release)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Heads up - Harvey Norman (Carrickmines) have the silver and blue Series 6 in stock. I went up for the Space Grey, they're expecting new stock on Thursday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Mine just arrived. Now I’m off to do the school run.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭La Haine

5uspect wrote: »
    I tried to contact them but it said I could only do so after a failed attempt.

Mine was actually just delivered moments ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'm having trouble finding stock locally, either in Cork or Waterford.

I'd prefer to go to a shop and pick one up that order and wait for a week.

The set up i want, Gold 44mm with the black leather link is showing an estimated delivery date of November 24th on Apple.ie! :O

I think you'll have to go with Apple if you want something away from the stock options. Or buy the second strap separately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Argos are selling the new 44mm Series 6 for €361.79 which is a clear misprice...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

Heads up - Harvey Norman (Carrickmines) have the silver and blue Series 6 in stock. I went up for the Space Grey, they're expecting new stock on Thursday.

Big thank you to this poster, whoever he is. I read this, went to Carrickmines and got the last blue 44mm S6 with a blue strap. Cancelled my order with Apple, which was still showing another ten days to get delivered.

Well chuffed. It's gorgeous. The case finish is fantastic. Darker than I was expecting - in certain lights it looks black but when you look closely it's dark blue. Very smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ordered mine just there from Apple (to replace my series 3 which is still in great nick in fairness...).

I really appreciate that you can now pick your strap style/ colour, even if this feature is exclusive to the apple website.

Estimated delivery date: 22 Oct - 30 Oct :eek:

I went with the 40mm Gold Alu with Navy sport band (regular type, not the loop)

got mine this morning, one thing I'm noticing is how much bigger the 44mm (Series 6) feels to the 40mm (Series 3), but the biggest differences so far are:

1. the weight, it's only 6g in difference but you feel it on the wrist big time.
    2. how fast the watch actually is, I never considered the Series 3 to be a super slow watch, but it's like molasses compared to the Series 6.
    3. restoring from a backup of my Series 3 took roughly 10 minutes, anytime I done this on the Series 3 it was take the watch off for several hours.

I'm coming from an OG Series 0 (which Apple replaced a few months ago due to an unplanned screen excursion by swollen battery.)

It's so incredibly quick compared to the slow as molasses S0, its not even funny how slow that thing was. But once a couple of apps were loaded it was okay and I only used it for a few key things. It was handy for keeping an eye on my Calendar and messages when in the lab and I could interact with it through latex gloves. It was also great for tracking my bike commute but as battery deteriorated I used this less and less. The Workout app could take forever to start, now its instant. I also just liked how it nagged me to get up and move as I could be buried in work and not stretch my legs for hours.

The Series 6 is much much more however.

I really like the always on screen and how it hollows out your current watch face (so many watch faces). The screen is lovely and much less claustrophobic than the S0 began to feel. It seemed raise to wake on the S0 got slower with the later versions of WatchOS it got. Having the time always visible at a glance is a real novelty, Apple have really disrupted the watch... :pac:

The EKG and Blood O2 sensor are cool features and seem to be well implemented. I've also noticed that the heart rate sensor is much better but that may be in part due to my new band being snugger. Music control in WatchOS is much improved compared to WatchOS 4 from the Series 0. I can easily interact with my HomePod without having to mess about in the Now Playing app.

Live complications are fun. Having a live compass and sound meter on one face is neat. The sound is great too, looking forward to checking out calls on it, which weren't awful on the S0. I'm also looking forward to playing with Shortcuts more and making more of Maps which was unusable on the S0... well the haptics were useful at least.

Coming from the S0 it seems that the S6 is finally delivering what the Apple Watch originally promised but without any compromises. It always felt like my most useless but fun gadget and now it actually feels fun and useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Argos are selling the new 44mm Series 6 for €361.79 which is a clear misprice...

must have fixed this :(

• Advertisement

Big thank you to this poster, whoever he is. I read this, went to Carrickmines and got the last blue 44mm S6 with a blue strap. Cancelled my order with Apple, which was still showing another ten days to get delivered.

Well chuffed. It's gorgeous. The case finish is fantastic. Darker than I was expecting - in certain lights it looks black but when you look closely it's dark blue. Very smart.

No bother! Happy to have helped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

deco72 wrote: »
    must have fixed this :(

Argos actually had the cellular version of series 5 for sale on their site. I reckon they do a general add to the site and then delete for Ireland. Also, that cheaper price may have meant sterling perhaps?

I really miss the Time Travel feature, but Apple started killing it off almost immediately in early versions of watchOS. It was nice to jump about and see sun rise and sunset times while planning my bike commute. It was also awesome to wind back over the day and find a particular song that I heard but couldn’t check at the time.

Just got a text from DHL to say the braided solo strap I ordered, which wasn’t meant to be delivered until November 20th, is out for delivery tomorrow.

So that’s nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Hi All,

I have ordered an apple watch series 6 for a milestone birthday for my OH.

Originally when ordering on the 16th September it was giving me a delivery date of 28th Sept. Then when ordered delivery date moved out to the 9th October. This meant it would arrive after the birthday - disappointing but not a major issue.

I was checking every day to see if the status changed but it was stuck on Processing. Then yesterday it moved to Preparing to ship and then early this morning to Shipped. It is now giving me a delivery date of 6th October. Still a bit late for birthday.

Is there any chance it might get here by 28th Sept? It is showing as being in Eindhoven on the DHL tracking site.

Appreciate any ones experience on timing once Apple items move to shipped status.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have ordered an apple watch series 6 for a milestone birthday for my OH.

Originally when ordering on the 16th September it was giving me a delivery date of 28th Sept. Then when ordered delivery date moved out to the 9th October. This meant it would arrive after the birthday - disappointing but not a major issue.

I was checking every day to see if the status changed but it was stuck on Processing. Then yesterday it moved to Preparing to ship and then early this morning to Shipped. It is now giving me a delivery date of 6th October. Still a bit late for birthday.

Is there any chance it might get here by 28th Sept? It is showing as being in Eindhoven on the DHL tracking site.

Appreciate any ones experience on timing once Apple items move to shipped status.

I ordered mine just over a week ago and it's also still shown as being in Eindhoven with DHL. I'm thinking it will arrive some day later next week.

In fact, the status is "Shipment information received", so it might not actually be in Eindhoven, but more likely awaiting arrival from somewhere else (China?) to Eindhoven and then onto Ireland.

I think you're likely to get your watch much sooner than that. I ordered one of the new watch straps and it wasn't due until November 22nd - it arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

MillField wrote: »
    I ordered mine just over a week ago and it's also still shown as being in Eindhoven with DHL. I'm thinking it will arrive some day later next week.

In fact, the status is "Shipment information received", so it might not actually be in Eindhoven, but more likely awaiting arrival from somewhere else (China?) to Eindhoven and then onto Ireland.

This is correct. The shipping updates will continue once the product reaches their depot from China. The date you have right now might not change.

Ordered on 15th the night they were announced. My original delivery date was September 30th. Changed to “shipped” on the 18th (DHL tracking for info received at Eindhoven) and the delivery date changed to September 29th. I expect this will be accurate. No movement on DHL side since.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

FourFourFM wrote: »
    This is correct. The shipping updates will continue once the product reaches their depot from China. The date you have right now might not change.

Ordered on 15th the night they were announced. My original delivery date was September 30th. Changed to “shipped” on the 18th (DHL tracking for info received at Eindhoven) and the delivery date changed to September 29th. I expect this will be accurate. No movement on DHL side since.

Same here. I saw on the macrumors forum where someone contacted Apple and was told they were due in Eindhoven from China on the 25th so that would fit with a final delivery early next week

Text from DHL to say it’s due for delivery tomorrow. 6 days earlier than originally predicted.

Hopefully others will have similar luck.

• Advertisement

Text from DHL to say it’s due for delivery tomorrow. 6 days earlier than originally predicted.

Had yours moved beyond the "Shipping information received" status on DHL?

MillField wrote: »
    Had yours moved beyond the "Shipping information received" status on DHL?

Processed at AMSTERDAM - NETHERLANDS, THE : 17:55

Estimated Delivery:
    Friday, September 25, 2020
    By End of Day

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Doodah7 wrote: »

Thanks for that. Collected one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Just got the text from DHL too and the same here - six days earlier than originally stated.

Mine arrived with DHL yesterday. Ordered on the 16th. Very happy with it!

Advertisement