Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Unauthorised Changes

Options
  • 07-09-2020 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭

I got emails my account was changed as in mobile number attached taken off and email address changed, was I hacked and how can I complain to Amazon?

Anyone else have this done to them before?

All help please great appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Yes.

You need to contact amazon customer care immediately. Contact info on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I keep getting

"We cannot find an account with that e-mail address"

Is this the contact details?

https://amazon-uk.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I keep getting

"We cannot find an account with that e-mail address"

Is this the contact details?

https://amazon-uk.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html

Yes, pissedconsumer.com is clearly the best way to get them...

Not.

Try: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I would cancel any payment card associated with that Amazon account immediately.

Car99 wrote: »
    I would cancel any payment card associated with that Amazon account immediately.

I'd get amazon to reverse any changes and cancel any fraudulent orders. No need to cancel cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

antix80 wrote: »
    I'd get amazon to reverse any changes and cancel any fraudulent orders. No need to cancel cards.

Amazon are not very helpful In hacked account situations regarding refunds. Cancel the cards temporarily. If you fail to act after knowing your account was hacked you are not going to be looked on favourably by the bank either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I would suggest you log into Amazon but not via any links in the email ( if that's how you are trying to get in )

You might be the subject of a phishing attempt and any details entered via the link are straight to a bogus front page.

I can't log in to cancel anything as my email address not recognised :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I had a similar situation a few years ago and Amazon were beyond useless, which was surprising as I'd always heard their support was amazing.

I ended up getting on to my bank and doing a chargeback on each of the payments. Only then did Amazon get back to me (and were suddenly able to find my account) but they demanded I remake the payments to them so they could re-open my Amazon account.

To hell with Amazon, do a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I can't log in to cancel anything as my email address not recognised :(

are you going directly to amazon.co.uk? that link you posted is bogus. Did you get an email saying that they suspected fraud on your account or something similar and ask you to click on a link to confirm your details?

• Advertisement

are you going directly to amazon.co.uk? that link you posted is bogus. Did you get an email saying that they suspected fraud on your account or something similar and ask you to click on a link to confirm your details?

Yes but my email address is not recognised

I'm waiting on Amazon to get back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

sounds like you've been phished

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

have you previously clicked on a link in an email that claimed to be from amazon?

have you previously clicked on a link in an email that claimed to be from amazon?

No

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No

Accounts don't just magically get compromised,

Eiether you've clicked on some phishing email and provided details, your email account has been compromised or you use the same password on Amazon as you do on other sites and one of thopse other sites have been compromised.

I lost sympathy when I saw so long elapsed and op didn't resolve it.

My ebay account was compromised (I hadn't been using it and probably shared passwords with other accounts) - i phoned them and they resolved it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Mine was hacked. I absolutely did not click on any links and in fact I sent what I thought were spoof Amazon e-mails to the stop spoofing team. The e-mail address had been changed. It was amateur night, as the idiot logged on to my account from the UK, and managed to buy a few gift cards. Classic AML scam.

I realised my account had indeed been hacked, and immediately got on to Amazon, who were pretty smartly on the case. The account was sanitised, and I was able to log back on. I called the bank, cancelled my card and a new one has been issued. All pain-free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

OP - Did you call Amazon or your bank yet??

Advertisement