Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mayo extreme audax 100

Options
  • 07-09-2020 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

i know chances are slim but has anyone here ever done it,
    looking at the map 80 per cent of the course is on the road, wondering is there any point in knobbly tires at all ?
    more commuter type tyres and decent pressure would make 100k on a mtb a lot more bearable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I haven't ridden it but you could drop an email to the organiser. I'm sure he'd be happy to advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Someone else asked about it on the Audax WhatsApp, this was the response.
    "The Mayo XTRM requires an MTB, some surfaces are a bit rough for a gravel bike, off road sections are mostly solid, nothing you could call muddy. As I say your body will like a bit of suspension in the bike. I have used tyres from 44c upwards without problems."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

yeah, i know most of the off road bits, 1 or 2 i wouldnt have been on before but most of it is ok, the better half looking to do a long swim event on sat as well so i might end up not being able to do it anyway

Advertisement