Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

tscul32 wrote: »
    In tesco this morning I also got the 3 selection boxes for €5 and 2 tubs for €8, plus 6 bottles of wine for €40. Also a bag of onions.
    My mam had given me her tesco card and €10 off €50 vouchers that she got in the post too so great value shopping was done. I love getting all this stuff in for Christmas.

Priorities ;) a bag of onions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My personalised tin of Quality street arrived this morning :) Absolutely beautiful :) Now can I resist the toffee fingers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Autosport wrote: »
    My personalised tin of Quality street arrived this morning :) Absolutely beautiful :) Now can I resist the toffee fingers :D

I've had 1-3 a day so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

Caranica wrote: »
    I've had 1-3 a day so far.

I admire your willpower!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Mince Pies have landed - at last !- in my neck of the woods in the Continent.
    Speciality shop has the Spiced Orange and Cranberry from Walkers and on Sat I got one box.
    (I first had them last year and they are beyond good).
    Already had one this morning as my breakfast.
    Only three left...must ! get ! another box !

In my quest for the perfect liqueur chocolate bar, I picked up this apricot one from Villars (Swiss chocolate)

3108-front.png

csm_0052_Lait_Abricot_c784095190.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

otnomart wrote: »
    Mince Pies have landed - at last !- in my neck of the woods in the Continent.
    Speciality shop has the Spiced Orange and Cranberry from Walkers and on Sat I got one box.
    (I first had them last year and they are beyond good).
    Already had one this morning as my breakfast.
    Only three left...must ! get ! another box !

In my quest for the perfect liqueur chocolate bar, I picked up this apricot one from Villars (Swiss chocolate)

3108-front.png

csm_0052_Lait_Abricot_c784095190.png

Got a box of those mince pies in a hamper I got from a client last year, absolutely delicous. Heat them in the microwave fro about 20-30 seconds & a little drop of baileys whipped cream.... bliss!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I had the Terrys Chocolate Orange hot chocolate from Costa yesterday it was unreal!! think the after 8 is next on the list!

This Sat, found local shop selling packs of 6 mince pies by Sargents.
    Had one (pie not pack) this morning for breakfast and it was yum !

81qiwwdSKRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I've done well to avoid the mince pies so far this year, the fact I've finally managed to clear the covid lbs has helped as I'm feeling a tad more positive in that regard so am not really indulging as of yet. My old rule of Dec 1st may well be retained despite me clearly intending to ignore that given the year its been.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »
    This Sat, found local shop selling packs of 6 mince pies by Sargents.
    Had one (pie not pack) this morning for breakfast and it was yum !

Mince pie for breakfast!

Living your best life Otnomart :)

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    Mince pie for breakfast!

Living your best life Otnomart :)

Best time to eat them, really !

I don't do snacking, and for me they are too filling as a dessert after a meal !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If you know a Toblerone fan, these are massive at 4.5kg and a bit of a novelty.

£44 on a lightning deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004INT01A/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_fabt1_dlC_LRuWFbNWTGCFK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

DvB wrote: »
    Got a box of those mince pies in a hamper I got from a client last year, absolutely delicous. Heat them in the microwave fro about 20-30 seconds & a little drop of baileys whipped cream.... bliss!

Will these reverse my diabetes ?

If so count me in !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Can those Walkers mince pies be got here? Tesco's Dunnes etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Got the supervalu mince pies in a gold and black box, now my favourite ones. Going to have a stab in a week or two at making them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Got the macrons in Lidl - v nice. €3.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Got the salted caramel mince pies in lidl, they're divine. I don't like regular mince pies, I'm disappointed that aldi don't have the chocolate and cherry mince pies they had the last two years, last year tesco had rhubard and ginger mince pies, this year, annoyingly, they're not available on their own, they're in a pack with regular mince pies.

If anyone is interested, you can get a personalised metal tin of quality street. My sister sent one to us to help get us through the latest lockdown, she got it with our family name on it, you can also choose what sweets you want in it (you can choose up to 6) or you can go with the standard mix of flavours - https://www.qualitystreet.co.uk/personalisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Demonique wrote: »
    Got the salted caramel mince pies in lidl, they're divine. I don't like regular mince pies, I'm disappointed that aldi don't have the chocolate and cherry mince pies they had the last two years, last year tesco had rhubard and ginger mince pies, this year, annoyingly, they're not available on their own, they're in a pack with regular mince pies.

If anyone is interested, you can get a personalised metal tin of quality street. My sister sent one to us to help get us through the latest lockdown, she got it with our family name on it, you can also choose what sweets you want in it (you can choose up to 6) or you can go with the standard mix of flavours - https://www.qualitystreet.co.uk/personalisation

Thank you, I hadn't seen that and ordered it for our family

I got the Quality Street last month and also ordered a tin as a present. I'd worry about delivery times ordering now, the present one took 3 weeks to arrive.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got the macrons in Lidl - v nice. €3.99

The exact same ones are in Iceland for €3.50 (they are frozen but thaw perfectly)

Edit they aren’t the EXACT same as there is no coffee in the Iceland ones (happy days)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Has a poll been done recently on what Boardsies favorite Christmas sweet tub is?

I stumbled across this link over the weekend and thought it was a fair assessment. Would find it hard to disagree with many of the rankings.

https://www.confectionerynews.com/Article/2019/12/13/General-Selection-2019-UK-s-favourite-Christmas-Chocolate-Box-revealed

Lindt etc are obviously on another level so it would be just the main 4 to battle it out - heroes, Roses, Celebrations, and Quality street.

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Has a poll been done recently on what Boardsies favorite Christmas sweet tub is?

I stumbled across this link over the weekend and thought it was a fair assessment. Would find it hard to disagree with many of the rankings.

https://www.confectionerynews.com/Article/2019/12/13/General-Selection-2019-UK-s-favourite-Christmas-Chocolate-Box-revealed

Lindt etc are obviously on another level so it would be just the main 4 to battle it out - heroes, Roses, Celebrations, and Quality street.

Toffee fingers and toffee penny in tier 5....no way!! They're tier 1 imo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

tVFMyjq.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My personalised quality street tin arrived today and oh my god. The giddiness of when I took the lid off to see my favourite chocolates inside. Well worth the silly amount of money I spent on it haha.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Niiiice. What sweets did you choose?

I'm sorry I didn't order one now!! :D

Posy wrote: »
    Niiiice. What sweets did you choose?

I'm sorry I didn't order one now!! :D

This is controversial but I went for these 5;

Strawberry creme, orange creme, orange crunch, choc block and Carmel centre.

Loughc wrote: »
    My personalised quality street tin arrived today and oh my god. The giddiness of when I took the lid off to see my favourite chocolates inside. Well worth the silly amount of money I spent on it haha.

Can I ask how long it took from order date?

I ordered orange creme and fudge only

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can I ask how long it took from order date?

I ordered orange creme and fudge only

I ordered on 26/11 and it arrived on 12/12 so a little over 2 weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Loughc wrote: »
    This is controversial but I went for these 5;

Strawberry creme, orange creme, orange crunch, chic block and Carmel centre.

I would order the exact same. Had a tub dropped into work last Monday, when I was off, arrived in Tuesday morning and I had all these to myself. All the nutty ones gone, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

search?q=after+8+orange+and+mint&sxsrf=ALeKk01PgMTkWC60zxr1h0OhbncubI6nmg:1608019360724&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAs6b2ws_tAhXxSBUIHdBMD_8Q_AUoAXoECAYQAw&cshid=1608019469359147&biw=1920&bih=912#imgrc=e5IvM9hWHCaR0M

Got these in Dealz at the weekend but haven't tasted them yet. Has anyone had them?

Advertisement