Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

messrs wrote: »
    search?q=after+8+orange+and+mint&sxsrf=ALeKk01PgMTkWC60zxr1h0OhbncubI6nmg:1608019360724&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjAs6b2ws_tAhXxSBUIHdBMD_8Q_AUoAXoECAYQAw&cshid=1608019469359147&biw=1920&bih=912#imgrc=e5IvM9hWHCaR0M

Got these in Dealz at the weekend but haven't tasted them yet. Has anyone had them?

No cant say I have, like I love orange chocolate and I love mint chocolate... but together... hmmm... not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

Loughc wrote: »
    No cant say I have, like I love orange chocolate and I love mint chocolate... but together... hmmm... not sure.

That's why I haven't tried them either. The idea just doesn't appeal to me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

There are also strawberry and mint after eights out at the minute. Haven't tried them or the orange ones. They just don't appeal to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shirlywhirl

I tried the mint orange, was disappointed enough with them! I read them wrong and thought they were just a choc orange version. They don't really go together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭SourSessions

There's gin and tonic flavor too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There's gin and tonic flavor too.

I seen the package... even the idea of Gin and Tonic after eights upsets me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I wouldn't mind a taste though, just to see if they've managed to actually get the flavour of Gin into them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

jellybear wrote: »
    There are also strawberry and mint after eights out at the minute. Haven't tried them or the orange ones. They just don't appeal to me at all.

Didn't see those anywhere, i think i would like strawberry and mint together

messrs wrote: »
    Didn't see those anywhere, i think i would like strawberry and mint together

I'm fairly certain they were in Dealz. Might just be certain stores though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭SourSessions

jellybear wrote:
    I'm fairly certain they were in Dealz. Might just be certain stores though.

I saw them in lidl too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This is controversial but I went for these 5;

Strawberry creme, orange creme, orange crunch, choc block and Carmel centre.

Scratches your name off my Christmas card list :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Has anyone seen the Black tin on Foxes biscuits, none in my Dunnes, they had them weeks back but nothing this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Can't see gin working with chocolate either !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dunnes have tiny 37G boxes of Lindor (think they contain 4 sweets!) for €1.23- great for throwing in a stocking or secret santa present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Taken from Bargain Alerts....

Lindt Lindor 200g boxes - €2.25
    https://www.theperfumeshop.com/ie/co...ilk-chocolates

Delivery is charged at 3 euro but click and collect is free. You may be able to get additional discounts with their codes or student discounts.

These are usually 5+ euro in shops.

Good deal! Enjoy
    Last edited by Curb Your Enthusiasm; Today at 14:56.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

SarahLil wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the Black tin on Foxes biscuits, none in my Dunnes, they had them weeks back but nothing this week?

Have you checked SuperValu?? They have a selection of Foxes biscuits on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Anyone have tips on supermarket own brand sweets and biscuits that are woth a try?

For biscuits, the M&S Blue box of chocolate covered are far batter than many of the more popular brands

For chocolates, Aldi Moser Roth are excellent, JD Gross in Lidl also

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Anyone have tips on supermarket own brand sweets and biscuits that are woth a try?

For biscuits, the M&S Blue box of chocolate covered are far batter than many of the more popular brands

The Aldi boxes of chocolate biscuits are suspiciously very similar to the M&S ones....€3.49 I think.

Patsy167 wrote: »
    I bought a box of the Moser Roth champagne truffles yesterday. :D

So my wife did me a chocolate hamper for one of my Christmas presents. She either knows me well or wants me to die of diabetic shock. Either way I’m eating it all.

04YyUNT.jpg

There’s malteaser reindeers and a tube of orange smarties at the bottom of the basket too.

• Advertisement

Orange smarties!!!??? I love them!!!

jellybear wrote: »
    Orange smarties!!!??? I love them!!!

My favourite too.

Containers of Quality Street are allegedly €2.39 in Dunnes, not sure if this is good or bad...

I still have about 34 sweet tubs left, so I will be avoiding this one! :D

Posy wrote: »
    I still have about 34 sweet tubs left, so I will be avoiding this one! :D

Yep. Same I have a disgusting amount of food left.

I go into Dunnes to get some quality street and they have big tins of biscuits down from €12 (did anyone really pay that), down to €3

I have no willpower.

I did get the light mayonnaise though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

About to breach a box of Celebrations..

I go into Dunnes to get some quality street and they have big tins of biscuits down from €12 (did anyone really pay that), down to €3

I have no willpower.

I did get the light mayonnaise though :)

we need far more calories when it is as cold as now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Got a box of truffles as a gift,happy belly brand (Amazon's own brand) ..and I'd swear they are made by lindt.. delicious

• Advertisement

On to Celebrations now. …. saving the hamper Milk Tray until last..

Advertisement