Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

That dessert looked good @Loughc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭sporina

had my last mince pie with custard last night - twas delicious - will miss em.. decided not to freeze any.. save the pleasure of em for xmas 22

sweets wise, only orange roses and the twist from heroes left.. muck the two of em..

have a Lindt Teddy but gonna keep that for when i'm feeling gloomy - must check the BB date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

As usual still have a fair bit left to work my way through,

A tub of Quality Street

A tin of Oreo Cookies

A box of Shortbread Biscuits

A tin of Victoria Biscuits

A few tubs of Smarties/Jelly Tots

A box of Tunnocks Teacakes

A box of Liquorice Allsorts

Box of Maltesers

Post edited by gidget on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The kidd just opened their last selection box... they're so small these days it didn't last long.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I still have 2 tins of quality street, 1 tub of roses, 1 box of black magic, 1 box of ferrero rocher, 1 box of lindor, 2 selection boxes, a tin of afternoon tea biscuits, an Aldi chocolate pudding, 2 boxes of Aldi truffles, 3 mini puddings, a box of mince pies and a bottle of Baileys.

That should see me though the weekend. 😁

• Advertisement

We have 1 panettone, 1 stollen, 2 boxes of 12 mince pies ( frozen now) 1 box of chocolate and cranberry shortbread mince pies, 1 box of 5 Christmas cake slices, I large tub of liquorice allsorts, 1 box of chocolate biscuits, 2 bags of chilli peanuts, 1 bag of salted peanuts, 16 packets of tayto cheese and onion crisps and enough alcohol to open a bar!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know who still has tins of biscuits, looked online and most places now out of stock :(

Before Brexit Amazon could have been a runner....Guess I cod just get the boxes of biscuits in Aldi, Lidl or M&S as pretty sure they are all year round?

Ours just finished their last one off tonight.

In the words of my father..."your paying for packaging!!"..theyatre very cheap these days though (for a reason!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think we can all agree the net stocking selection box was peak selection box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭jellybear

Guys, I am in both shock and awe at your willpower!! Hubby and I CANNOT resist treats when they're in the house. We're a pair of divils!🤣

i have a box of Family Circle unopened.. but there are still some in my local TS for €2.50 lol

Just had another mince pie with my cuppa... I'll miss these when they're gone, the chocolate stuff I'm not that fussed over anyway but I'll really miss stollen and mince pies... no wonder my cholesterol is up a little😀

I could call to yours after I've been to visit Posy 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The Cadbury selection boxes are awful muck these days. Nestle have a bit more selection at least

One of thd kids got an m&ms one this year, and despite it being small was a nice change.

They both got aero ones too which were great!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Galaxy selection boxes are top tier as well. All full size bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anyone know if shops are still selling selection boxes? I had one for our neighbours who we still have to see and my husband milled it last night. I told them 'we have a selection box for your son' before Christmas..feck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,744 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It would be very hit miss I'd say.

Loads of tubs tough in my local Lidl and Aldi.

Found an unopened tub of Roses in my utility room. Excellent.

• Advertisement

Had a look around today, can't find any tins of biscuits only tjns of chocolates although did see Micardos in packets for €2 that could actually work out cheaper than the tins at a tenner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭A cup of te

I did see some small selection boxes in Dunnes today just inside the door but only a few maybe 20 👍️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Got these in my local lidl today still €1.99

got a tub of Celebrations in ALDI today - €3.99.. had a few there.. wayyyy nicer than any Roses or Heroes.. 15 days too late but I don't care,.. really did not enjoy Heroes or Roses this yr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Logs in, see 23 posts in this thread and wishes I hadn't said I was cutting out junk food from today :(

I'm not giving up junk food until all the Christmas stock has been consumed, I'm not a quitter like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I've a few of these stashed away for a rainy day. Galaxy Ripple are in the Gold Tier of chocolate bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Stick and stone might break my bones but.........

• Advertisement

loving the box of Celebrations I got the other day - wish I hadda got a box of em b4 xmas.. note to self for xmas 22.. no more Roses!

Advertisement