Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equity release

• 07-09-2020 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I am currently building a house. Have applied for mortgage and was approved. Ends up there's a legal issue which has dragged on(and may continue to drag on) for quite a while.

I own a property that I'm currently renting. Is it possible to use this property as security and mortgage it. From looking at properties that sold in the same development, LTV would be <80%

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Ask your lender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Ask your lender?

I don't have a lender at the moment.

I asked a broker and she said that I could use the rental as income for the house I'm building. However legal issues to be sorted first. That's why I was wondering if there was another way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Ask the lender you have current approval with, they might be willing to issue some funds on the existing property maybe cross secured with the new to bridge the gap of solving the legal problem, just make sure you can remove the second property from the security when the issue is sorted out and new house completed.

Advertisement