Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide : Greatest FIFA World Cup Goal

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Arghus wrote: »
    Considering the day that's in it -

Let me reiterate, again, that Maradona's second against England in '86 was absolutely robbed in this tournament.

I concur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Shame on all the idiots on here that voted against the maradona goal. I voiced my big disapproval at the time. It is widely regarded as the greatest goal of all time, let alone in a World Cup. It is the greatest goal of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Maradonas 2nd goal against England is the greatest goal of all time....I was disgusted when it lost out...and said so at the time...

Too many english voting at the time, really tarnished this thread....

RIP Diego Maradona....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Arghus wrote: »
    Considering the day that's in it -

Let me reiterate, again, that Maradona's second against England in '86 was absolutely robbed in this tournament.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Maradonas 2nd goal against England is the greatest goal of all time....I was disgusted when it lost out...and said so at the time...

Too many english voting at the time, really tarnished this thread....

RIP Diego Maradona....

Ah, I don't know if I'd blame the English, just people have seen the goal so much and had just somehow taken it for granted how brilliant it was.

I don't think there was any malice: just plain silliness - and time running out on the vote before common sense prevailed. The Bergkamp goal that beat it is a fantastic legendary goal in its own right, but sometimes in a straight knockout the slightly lesser known choice can be overrated at the expense of the traditional choice.

But, let's face it, in our hearts we all know it truly is the best World Cup goal of all time - there's a reason it's the one World Cup goal that everyone knows.

Anyway, I'm prepared to drop the subject, but not before...

https://twitter.com/samwetherell/status/1331638647033114627?s=20

Different class...

• Advertisement
Advertisement