Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge number of kid/teen scobes in town

• 07-09-2020 11:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Just in town today around 5.30...Three different groups of feral teens
    First was a gang racially abusing spitting atAisan shopkeepers in William street(Whatever your view on the entry system to Ireland)this is totally wrong
    Second group guys on bikes flying around Cruises street acting the maggot
    Third a group of young travellers around Arthur's quay Penney's roaring spitting being any social

Town felt realty scummy and dirty today add in the autumn weather.Very quiet and felt unsafe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Maybe celebrating their Leaving Cert results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

mart 23 wrote: »
    Maybe celebrating their Leaving Cert results.

These feral youths are probably looking to attack any leaving certs they see knowing full well that nothing will happen them ,

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Limerick City has been that way for a while now. Place is full of scum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I'd actually argue Limerick has never been quieter in this regard. You'd get the odd day were they're out but for the most part it's become very quiet especially say versus 10 years ago even.

Still always annoying to see the loud little bastards out and about, if only we had more Garda foot patrols. You might see one down O'Connell Street on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Limerick City has been that way for a while now. Place is full of scum

That's what I was thinking.... Its a pity because the above is the Limerick I grew up in during the 80's/90's and it was basically Scumbags polluting the City Centre and making it a generally unpleasant, threatening and depressing place to be.

Such a pity if there's going to be a slide backwards into the same thing.

Other Cities have the odd Knacker - Limerick City Centre seems to be like some sort of gathering place for them to mix, mingle and breed with each other undisturbed by anyone else, the Gardai are all out in the leafy suburbs chasing after Moms with speeding tickets in hand.....

• Advertisement

Dublin is just as bad. Its not a regional problem its all over the country, a side effect of soft sentencing and non enforcement of the law.

In some ways you can't blame the gardai, because they do all the paperwork, spend a day waiting around in court and the judge hands down yet another suspended sentence, and the scrote is back out on the street by teatime.

When kids aren't scared of the Guards or the law, what disincentives are there from acting the maggot?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mod Note: This has been reported now and really wonder of the benefit of people slating their own city.
    Be adults here please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

bigpink wrote: »
    First was a gang racially abusing spitting atAisan shopkeepers in William street(Whatever your view on the entry system to Ireland)this is totally wrong
    Third a group of young travellers around Arthur's quay Penney's roaring spitting being any social

Town felt realty scummy and dirty today add in the autumn weather.Very quiet and felt unsafe

What would their future prospective employers think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

As someone who works on cruises Street the town is massively quieter in recent weeks. Garda presence is up from none to at least one stroll through a day not much but hey.

My thing at the moment is the massive increase of addicts on the street due to the pubs being closed and younger ones as well which is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

sioda wrote: »
    My thing at the moment is the massive increase of addicts on the street due to the pubs being closed and younger ones as well which is even worse.

What do pubs being shut have anything to do with increased addicts on the Streets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Not exclusive to Limk but sad to see it go that way.
    Anyone see the video of the guy being thrown off the train in the UK for not wearing a mask, or should I say, his refusal to get off.
    Not a hope in hell that would happen in Spain or Italy etc with police. If it was the USA, he'd be tasered at the very least.
    Not blaming the police, but there doesn't seem to be the culture of "you don't fu*k with police in Ireland" kind of thing.
    Also, there will come a time where civilians will have to do the policing. That's going down the road of vigilantes, which ain't right either.
    It's impossible for the Gardai to be everywhere all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

What do pubs being shut have anything to do with increased addicts on the Streets?
    Drinkers who would frequent certain bars in town are now drinking on the streets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

Yop I thought you only gave out warnings on the Mayo forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

3 young scummers went cycling through the Parkway SC yesterday evening.

Time for the Gardai to start tasering

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mart 23

Limerick91 wrote: »
    3 young scummers went cycling through the Parkway SC yesterday evening.

Time for the Gardai to start tasering

Or the SC security to do their job if they exist.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mart 23 wrote: »
    Or the SC security to do their job if they exist.

They found my wallet for me once. Nice guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭geotrig

cant say i noticed anything major in town last night /evening except for 3 young twats tearing around on bike's like lunatics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The local judge thinks these feral youths are great fellows and a good laugh .
    Hard to know what businesses in Limerick city get for paying very expensive rates apart from paying the wages of some public servants , bordering on zero protection from scum . Older relations tell me they are afraid to go into the city centre anymore.in saying that Cork City is nearly as bad , drug addicts and young travellers rule the city’s these days .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

The Gardai aren't funded by commercial rates. There isn't much the council can do to get them to patrol more other than ask nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

bigpink wrote: »

Surprised you even included this bit.
    Not necessary at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Paddico wrote: »
    Surprised you even included this bit.
    Not necessary at all

Kind of like when my ma says "it's full of foreigners", when I'm going out with a foreigner...

Advertisement