Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble installing Revolut on Android phone

Options
  • 07-09-2020 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android 6.0.1 and trying to install Revolut. The Revolut app is not listed in my Play Store. When I Google search for an App I'm told "Your device isn't compatible with this version". A search shows "As of August 21st, the minimum requirement for Android devices supported by the Revolut app is Lollipop OS version 5.0." so stuck at the moment. Any help would be very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can meet the minimum OS version and still fail the safety net checks.

Why are you running 6 when the phone is upgradeable to 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Neworld17

As far as I can see Revolut only requires OS version 5.0 and I have 6.0.1.

I have not upgraded my OS version as when I try to do so I am told the OS has been modified in an unauthorised way (whatever that means as it is a perfectly legit phone) and suggests I try downloading software updates using smart switch on my PC. I am not sure how to do this but more concerned it might mess-up everything else that seem to work fine on my phone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

The thread is probably better homed in https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

But have you rooted your phone to install something?
    That could raise red security flags, or if you have enabled installing apps from third parties / not from the playstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Neworld17

The thread is probably better homed in https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1343

But have you rooted your phone to install something?
    That could raise red security flags, or if you have enabled installing apps from third parties / not from the playstore.

No, I have done nothing with my phone that I am aware of other than installing and using normal apps. All apps other than Revolut have installed without any problem and I have used the phone for the past couple of years.

The phone was originally purchased as a used/reconditioned phone from a reputable supplier in the UK. It is stuck on 6.0.1 and will not allow me install any OS upgrade. Is there anywhere in Dublin (south) I could bring it to have the problem sorted and the OS updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its refusing because Knox is thrown. Thats happened because the previous owner rooted it or more likely it was spuriously network unlocked. I wouldnt put money into having the phone worked on, Id take this opportunity to replace it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement