Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rtw bike choices (from your sofa)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

H_Lime wrote: »
    The US model doesn't get the dual range gearbox that the Japanese one has though.

https://www.honda.co.jp/CT125/spec/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭goblin59

i kind of want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

goblin59 wrote: »
    i kind of want one!

Maybe as a 200 or 250, but 125 just way too slow for modern traffic.

Oh, and, they need to enclose that chain.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

DL 650. Watched your wan from Netherlands drive her second hand one around the world and it didn't miss a beat. Plenty of power . Parts easily enough got. Load capacity comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

A journalist for Bike magazine rode a V-Strom DL1000 from Peterborough in England to Hamamatsu in Japan. The shock failed somewhere in Kazakhstan, Suzuki actually wanted the shock back to analyse it (or get Kayaba to do so, I imagine the shock is made by them). The thing was getting a hammering though. Apart from that it never missed a beat and made it "home" to Hamamatsu.

I think a Honda Transalp or Deauville wouldn't be a bad call. Transalp for light gravel trails, Deau if you're staying on the road. Essentially the same bike (the 700s at least), dog reliable, handy tools.

A lot of Americans like to use an old Kawasaki trailie, KL650 I think, for their jaunts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

T-Max 400 or 530 for commuting imho

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

galwaytt wrote: »
    T-Max 400 or 530 for commuting imho

Have to laugh
    I sat on one in town when I was looking for bike and it was difficult for me to reach the ground the seat was so big and wide
    You just kind of assume the twist n go type would be a bit lower and easier to handle for the masses :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

May as well do it in style! :pac:

MZ ETZ250

images.jpg

Advertisement