Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

agencies to help land lords

Options
  • 08-09-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

It would seem the RTB are there to help tenants....are there any agencies who help land lords??
    i am looking for associations which help independent land lords

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There are a couple of Landlord associations, but rental agencies, in the main, are pretty useless if there is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Help landlords with what, exactly? The RTB aren't a tenant advocacy organisation; they exist to ensure the law is followed by both landlords and tenants and render judgments accordingly. Just so happens that the current laws tend to favour the tenants more than the landlords in some situations. If you need legal advice regarding your tenancy, you should speak to a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

Well it is very difficult to follow the law if the RTB either do not know the law or pretend not to know the Law. It would seem with reference to covid regs it is not unusual for the RTB to agree with both LL and tenant in their reading of said Covid regs. Now these two readings of the regs are quite often diametrically opposite. So either the RTB are incompetent and cannot understand the regs they eusure are followed, or they are biased to one of the parties

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Countryboy2018

beaufoy wrote: »
    Well it is very difficult to follow the law if the RTB either do not know the law or pretend not to know the Law. It would seem with reference to covid regs it is not unusual for the RTB to agree with both LL and tenant in their reading of said Covid regs. Now these two readings of the regs are quite often diametrically opposite. So either the RTB are incompetent and cannot understand the regs they eusure are followed, or they are biased to one of the parties

I’ve had a lot of dealings with the RTB,I get a different answer from them every time they are asked a question.
    I think that some of them don’t understand the legislation themselves.
    Even at the adjudication hearings,the adjudicator’s didn’t seem to know the legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

I’ve had a lot of dealings with the RTB,I get a different answer from them every time they are asked a question.
    I think that some of them don’t understand the legislation themselves.
    Even at the adjudication hearings,the adjudicator’s didn’t seem to know the legislation.

It is difficult to believe and it gives no confidence but I suspect you are correct. It seems to me to be easy to understand, but written in such a way that less experienced people might get confused. Having said that RTB staff get well paid for doing a simple job so they should learn how to do it

• Advertisement
Advertisement