Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tax in Farming

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Mayo_fan wrote: »
    I’ve come across a fair few of your posts giving tax and accountancy advice to fellow farmers. I think the mods seriously need to add a note to your signature advising posters to ignore your advice as you generally advise tax evasion (not avoidance).

Yes but doesn't Revenue in a sort of a way allow for this? Like they've decided that given the incomes are so crap that this leeway sort of compensates the farmers. And it's up to individual farmers themselves in what way they want to exploit these things. Maybe Revenue do cause hardship in an audit but there'd be a lot of work in clawing back a few quid towards electricity, diesel and buildings surely.

A bit like in the case of chicken farmers which was exposed recently... https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/chicken-farmer-sues-revenue-over-failed-family-business-1.4260301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

no, no, no.
    Revenue can not and will not turn a blind eye to the practices of any one sector. i work as an accountant and i read that article before on irish times and i cant figure out what is going on

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Yes but doesn't Revenue in a sort of a way allow for this? Like they've decided that given the incomes are so crap that this leeway sort of compensates the farmers. And it's up to individual farmers themselves in what way they want to exploit these things. Maybe Revenue do cause hardship in an audit but there'd be a lot of work in clawing back a few quid towards electricity, diesel and buildings surely.

A bit like in the case of chicken farmers which was exposed recently... https://www.irishtimes.com/business/agribusiness-and-food/chicken-farmer-sues-revenue-over-failed-family-business-1.4260301

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

duffysfarm wrote: »
    no, no, no.
    Revenue can not and will not turn a blind eye to the practices of any one sector. i work as an accountant and i read that article before on irish times and i cant figure out what is going on

According to the whistleblower, Revenue turned a blind eye to the sector.

Advertisement