Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ending tenancy, what demands can they make to show property?

Options
  • 08-09-2020 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My partner and I have to end our lease as her parents require her care at home urgently and unfortunately I cannot afford to pay the rent by myself so we have decided to end our lease.

Our lease expires in two months and we will obviously pay all rent due until that point. My question is what demands they can make to show/market the property before the lease expires/we vacate? I can't see anything regarding this in the lease and as far as I can remember when we viewed the apartment originally it was empty and ready to move in, but as we're giving 2 months notice if they request to start viewings immediately can we say no or must we let them have the apartment for periods during the week?

Thanks!!

Advertisement