Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline adapters...3 in same house?

Options
  • 08-09-2020 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi, I have 2 powerline adapters in the house. Can you add a third one, will this work fine?

I think you should use the same type of adapter though?

Help would be great.

Comments

ideally third of the same brand alright but adding additional units shouldnt be an issue.

mesh systems are kinda where its heading these days though

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

I have 5 running with no issues (all the same brand)

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Hi, I have 2 powerline adapters in the house. Can you add a third one, will this work fine?

I think you should use the same type of adapter though?

Help would be great.

Definitely use the same make and try and get the same model. Officially the same make will be compatible, but sometimes there can be quirks across different models and versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Have 5 running at the same time, and only 2 of them are the same brand. No issues, once configured to work in the same group.
    If you have them from the same brand, they will automatically be in the same group, so you don't need to configure anything else.

If they are from different manufacturers, you need to configure them with the special utility. I've used the TP Link Powerline Utility (download from their website).

Advertisement