Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 10 (Ile d’Oleron / Le Chateau d’Oleron) – Île de

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Obviously a WUM it seems.

Not at all . Im just not an ole oler in that sort of sense. He was born in Belgium and lived there until age 4 . You cant dispute that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't normally post in here but my mum texted me that Sam Bennett is absolutely lovely. That's probably first sports related message I ever got from my mum.(she is 70).. Now my parents are Slovenian and live there so there might be a reason they started watching cycling. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Formolo out with a fractured clavicle, following on from Aru's withdrawal it means Pogacar only really has Jan Polanc and an out of form David De La Cruz as meaningful help.

Also Sam may move into the lead of the prizemoney classification after todays efforts - €11,000 for the stage win and €500 for 3rd place in the intermediate sprint bringing him up to €23,400

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭G1032

cunavalos wrote: »
    Formolo out with a fractured clavicle, following on from Aru's withdrawal it means Pogacar only really has Jan Polanc and an out of form David De La Cruz as meaningful help.

Also Sam may move into the lead of the prizemoney classification after todays efforts - €11,000 for the stage win and €500 for 3rd place in the intermediate sprint bringing him up to €23,400

WVA has over 50k I think :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Not at all . Im just not an ole oler in that sort of sense. He was born in Belgium and lived there until age 4 . You cant dispute that.

I see the belgium colors on his helmet too today.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any word on Nico?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 30,385 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

dulpit wrote: »
    Any word on Nico?

Think he has lost some skin but otherwise ok. On twitter he is asking if anyone spotted a bracelet he lost in the crash.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

G1032 wrote: »
    WVA has over 50k I think :-)

No, van Aert only has €22000 (so far) from his two stage wins

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

no_4 wrote: »
    Sunweb were the biggest losers , 7 men supporting Bol to 300m and Sam Caleb and Sagan left them for dust
    Thats a few times, they are really flogging themselves.
    I think he could also win tomorrow!
    Onwards and upwards!
    Hopefully but his legs will be sore
    CMcsporty wrote: »
    Michael Mørkøv is the other winner today.
    Great lead out and looks happier than Sam!
    A savage performance, I couldn't believe how long he lasted.
    velo.2010 wrote: »
    Seriously though, I'm glad that he, and the sport of cycling, is recieving this much attention from the national broadcaster and not because of a crash or otherwise — the way it usually is.
    One of the visual artists just transferred over to sport from current affairs on RTE news is big into his cycling, might have added to it but there is a ground swell as well

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    Great win for the Belgian rider.
    MOD VOICE: Please do not respond to TRANQUILLO he is on a break from the cycling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Called the darling wife in to watch Sam's interview. Rolls the eyes, exhales and pouts like a teenager, not a fan of cycling at all. 2 minutes later she has tears running down her cheeks and saying " Ah, stop, ah, God love the poor lad" :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

There are now 20 active riders who have won a stage in each of the three GTs:

Fabio Aru
    Sam Bennett
    Cavendish
    Degenkolb
    Ronan Dennis
    Dumoulin
    Ewan
    Froome
    De Gendt
    Gilbert
    Greipel
    Matthews
    Nibali
    Pinot
    Quintana
    Roglic
    Trentin
    Valverde
    Viviani
    Simon Yates

If there was a quiz question to name the
    one who was also a fictional location in an arnold schwarzenegger movie, i'd have gotten that one correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Nico injuries are not trivial ...gashes in his arm and bang on knee

https://twitter.com/sticky_bottle/status/1303430975746121728?s=20

Hope he heals ok

Love the line from his diary in Indo where the doctor tells him to get in the ambulance its over ..he was spouting blood from his arm and initially dazed -and he said "F*** that its not over" and got back on the bike and kept going

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

MPFGLB wrote: »

Holy fcuk it looks like a great white shark tried to bite his arm off! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Refractions

Hope he heals ok

Love the line from his diary in Indo where the doctor tells him to get in the ambulance its over ..he was spouting blood from his arm and initially dazed -and he said "F*** that its not over" and got back on the bi5ke and kept going

I think i read that Nico only finished 10 mins down today. Which is insane with the speed the peloton was going today. He's got some heart that lad.

Holy fcuk it looks like a great white shark tried to bite his arm off! :eek:

Gonna need a bigger bike :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Some amount of writing & colouring on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

CramCycle wrote: »
    A savage performance, I couldn't believe how long he lasted.
    Tim Declercq was absolutely amazing. Every time I flicked over, his broad shoulders on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Hope he heals ok

Love the line from his diary in Indo where the doctor tells him to get in the ambulance its over ..he was spouting blood from his arm and initially dazed -and he said "F*** that its not over" and got back on the bike and kept going

FFS you could've given us a spoiler alert for that, the most interesting line in the next book ruined :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

neris wrote: »
    Some amount of writing & colouring on him.

I hope his tattoos are okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

is_that_so wrote: »

I'm not bothered with them trying to claim Irish sports people.

I am however fuming at how he insulted Sean Kelly. Totally and utterly nasty and unnecessary.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I hope his tattoos are okay.

They do not look OK in parts, particularly where the chainring ripped him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Kelly didn't even argue back - sat sitting grinning like a cheshire cat. Idiot Wiggo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Kelly should just bring in one of his Roubaix winners cobbles.

"Ever see one of these?"

Wiggins really is a prat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Kelly should just bring in one of his Roubaix winners cobbles.

"Ever see one of these?"
    Or dress up as a Fancy Bear for the next episode

Advertisement