Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay power broadband

Options
  • 08-09-2020 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, looking for some help

Anyone heard of prepay power supplying Broadband? A quick Google hasn't shown up much info and a relative just had someone at her door trying to get them to sign up.

Apparently it's only??? €2.50 a day and they add it to their prepay meter. From what I can gather the sales rep was very forceful and wanted her to sign up straight away.

For the price they are charging I told her not to sign up but now I'm wondering if it's a scam or something

Edit: fwiw my relative hasn't called me by my proper name in years so she may not have given me the full story. But she insists that the bill is added to her prepay meter for electricity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

The only info I can find is buried under Broadband Support on their website - https://www.prepaypower.ie/support/broadband

Doesn't seem to be any info on how to sign up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Notmything

The only info I can find is buried under Broadband Support on their website - https://www.prepaypower.ie/support/broadband

Doesn't seem to be any info on how to sign up to it

Thanks, that's all I found, well and a price list which is eye watering. Apparently someone called to her door, said they were contacting their customers first.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

So from the website they wil be charging a daily rate of €1.74 for over 30 days that works out to €52.20 so if you topup up your prepaid power in a shop you could pay a surcharge.

All PrepayPower broadband packages include a monthly usage allowance of 1TB. This is covers upload and download usage combined

In any given month should a customer exceed this allowance a charge of €1 per GB (or part thereof) will be charged to your account.

Seems they charge for any fault fixing.
    https://www.prepaypower.ie/docs/default-source/broadband/prepaybroadband_schedule_of_charges.pdf?sfvrsn=2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Notmything

yeah, i'll be telling her to give them a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ElusiveHaggis

I'm with prepay broadband atm and it's probably turning out I'm spending closer to 15-20e a week. Now this is far more expensive that most bb suppliers. Quite frankly go for vodafone, which will give you 35 a month and 50e after the year, which is still cheaper than prepay.

When I first moved into an apartment Prepay Power were a complete and utter hassle to deal with and were downright rude over the phone initially. I will not be staying with them (my year contract is almost over).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 gundry

Maybe try this one.

Advertisement